What's your Internet speed

What's Your Connection?

• Total voters
T

tifc8lraz

Just wondering what people use to access Techspot when at home....

For Me, In Boston:

Let's Go A Little Further South to Monterrey in Мéxico:

Let's See If I Connect to Cape Town in South Africa and have my connection dwindle over the ocean :evil::

Or Perhaps Karachi in Pakistan :giddy::

My internet is going to be cut back to 5Mbps as the 15Mbps was a trial thanks to Verizon's new FiberOptic Service "FiOs". It's a lot quicker than what I used to have; 2.5-3.0Mbps :giddy:

I`m on 4meg cable and it does me nicely.

untitled.jpg

Edit: Just to show my results using the same speedtest as everyone else.

Regards Howard :)

yea im on bell south broadband 6.0 or something like that, the highest ive ever gotten on that site is 4.8 Mb/s this is what i currently get when i checked Ft. Lauderdale

Ooh, I think Bell South would be related to the old Bell Telephone, which split and formed your service, mine, and a few others....I think....(I've had 2 members of my family work at them).

I`m on 4meg cable and it does me nicely.

Where'd you get that chart analysis Howard?

Only 9.76Mbps/1.40Mbps wherever that server is located...Ireland maybe ;) . Hmmm, reminds me of Mallow, Ireland...(off-topic)

And Chicago is further away...
At home it is going to be even worse. Sure I'd like to have faster, but I can still get 700meg torrents in a couple hours at home so its not too bad.

Pretty good for my needs...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait, wtf? Empty image? I tried it again and it put a blurry red-outlined box over the bottom part and it's counting on a counter?!?! WTF?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh, third time. Here we go:

My dad is streaming some video right now (using a router) so it's a bit lower, before I believe it counted up to 11k.

Just did it again when he wasn't doing anything:

New Zealand:

Santiago, SA:

Thats crazy fast there Papa! I take it your office uses a fibre connection?

I'm actually kind of disappointed in our connection speed here at work, though it could be low due to the fact that it is Friday afternoon and we have 2000+ associates. We do use mulitple fibre connections here and if I remember correctly our standard connection is 40MB (not Mb) and can scale up to 80MB as demand dictates.

Here is my home speed. Not bad considering I pay for 4Mb of service. Upload speed bugs me, though.

Redid it

The Kansas City one sucks for me. And I can't seem to get the upload to work at all for Hopkinsville, KY.

Pretty much all of you beat me.

I'm paying for 5 megabits too... damn ISP ripping me off.

Here are my results

Weird, Chicago server is kinda faster than El Paso one....(Chicago is REALLY far away from here lol)

MetalX said:
Pretty much all of you beat me.

I'm paying for 5 megabits too... damn ISP ripping me off.

Do you have cable? Since cable customers share a line on the same street, when people are using it at the same time, the speed goes down :mad: .

Decent connection but kinda slow for university standards. But we are in West Virginia...

Norfolk, NE (closest location =] )

New York, NY (faster?!)

Amsterdam, Netherlands (where i used to live =] )

and finally New Zealand

my cable is rated as 5mpbs =]

90816129.png

this one's beatiful...the upload speed surprised me though. I was thinking that with the download speed so slow I don't even wanna see it upload...but it wasn't too bad.
90818301.png

Back