What's Your Local GAS PRICE?

kirock

I'm curious what everyone else is paying at the pumps. Post your local prices in US$/gallon (just to make comparisons easier). (4litres to a US gallon).

I pay in southern Ontario Canada.
$1.10/L Canadian (87 octane) Do even go there for premium.
Conversion= 4.40*0.83= $3.65/G :eek:

Gas Rape

I live in WA, its 3.10 per gallon + or - 10c. Seems more like Im paying with my left testicle though...

Wayne Conner

I run a diesel - 99.9 pence (stirling) per litre last time I filled up. if ther are 4 liters (rather than the UK 4.5) in a US gallon, I guess that makes it US$7.14 per gallon

edit

$.$$
2.75 marathon
2.81 citgo
2.85 bp
2.85 holiday
2.85 murphys
which evens out to roughly 75 1/2 -78 rubles
sorry, it was $2.65 like three days ago when I actually had money to fuel my car

either way I'd rather just take some acid and astral project to where I'm going, it's probably cheaper and better for my health than getting ulcers from paying outrageous fuel prices...

wow spike, I'd invest in a scooter

In Los Angeles it varies all over. However, in my area it ranges from about $3.11 to $3.17 for 87 octane regular (self serve).

$2.95 per gallon, 87 octane here in Atlanta, GA. Was $2.65 per gallon just 2 weeks ago!

Near Buffalo, NY. The two closest stations to my house are $3.03 and $3.09 per gallon. I live near a couple Indian reservations and their "tax free" prices are about $2.80ish. Essentially the keep it just low enough to pull people to their pumps yet they still make a killin considering the tax add on in NYS is something like $0.75 per gallon.

well that's some nonsense, can you actually use the reservations' pumps legally if you're not a member of the reservation?

hehe good point. Actually it is "officially" illegal for them not to collect taxes on sales of gas and cigs to non Native Americans. However each time the state attempts to enforce that the Indians riot and usually wind up closing the thruway (a portion of which runs through the res) by piling up and burning tires on said thruway. It seems to happen each time a new governor is elected and wishes to flex his muscles. Then they all back down. The Indians claim the treaty allows them to sell without taxes being collected and that they should not have to ask, judge or prove if someone is non-Indian.

The short version is that it is officially not allowed but the government has been unable to enforce it.

Euro 1.11 per liter, x 3.785 = Euro 4.20 / US gallon = US$ 5.26
Dublin, Ireland.
Above price for regular gas, Octane 85, the norm in Europe.
Diesel is 1 or 2 cents less per liter.

Glad I'm moving to the USA in August!

Az

So far:
1. 1x arm
2. 3x fingers
3. 1x tooth (from fight @ pump)
4. promise out of 1x kidney :eek:
5. $3.00
per gallon 87oct--using the (R+m/2 formula for octane)
2nd gallon, all of the above + 1x leg

Thank the GAWDS! I have a motorcycle! :haha:

Currently paying $2.97+ (US) per gallon at most gas stations here in Seattle.

*Edit*

Sorry it's $2.97 for unleaded, which I don't use, I have to pay $3.56 per gallon for Premium at most gas stations.

In Canada I can only find 2005 figures, but we are still at 45% taxes for the cost of gas.

Below is the 2001 pie chart of taxes for a few contries.
Country......Price $US/liter...........Tax Excluded........Tax % of Price
United Kingdom....$1.20......................$0.28 .................76%
France............. $1.05.....................$.027.....................74%
Germany ..........$0.92......................$0.25...................73%
Italy .................$1.03....................$0.32.....................69%
Spain.................$0.76.....................$0.28...................63%
Japan................$0.98.......................$0.42..................57%
Canada...........$0.45......................$0.25.................45%
United States.......$0.34.....................$0.24..................29%

Wow what the heck is going on in UK,France, Germany?
Maybe canadians and americans don't have it so bad?

But all I know is the prices are going to go way higher and if you're like me and drive 30-40Km to work and back each day (80Km total) this is starting to hurt!

At the rate this is going, just maybe it would be a good idea to move back to Japan :grinthumb. Main transportation method for me there was either walking, using the monorail or taking a taxi. I never had to worry about how much it’s going to cost to refill my gas guzzling car over there.

Akio, where in Japan did you live? I am in Kanagawa. Almost Golden Week, and I am DREADING the traffic jams.

Gas is about 120 Yen now. Up up up and away it goes.

Right now in San Diego I pay $3.09 per gallon for regular for my sedan and like $3.29 per gallon for premium for my SUV. Either way it's a ripoff. I drive a lot too. Those prices are killing me. DId you hear about the guy in San Diego? He was pumping his gas at like 3.01 per gallon and the price went up .10c while he was pumping. He noticed it and told the owner of the gas station he wants the difference back. If he got like 15 gallons it would be no problem, just $1.50 to give back. The owner decided not to honor the starting price and he was all over the news for that. *****. He refused to give the guy like $1.50 back and his gas station got negative publicity.

WELL ANYWAYS>>>>>>>>>>>>GAS>>>>>>PRICE>>>>>>>>>>>SUCKS!!!!!!!

Back