TechSpot

WhatsApp finally arrives on the desktop as a web app

By Shawn Knight
Jan 21, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. If you're one of the 700 million people that use WhatsApp and you also have a desktop or notebook, you'll probably be interested to learn that the Facebook-owned company has finally released a web-based client.

Read more

2. Apples platform limitation prevents WhatsApp from implementing their Platform Limitation

captainawesome likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

Are you surprised?

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

I'm busy taking it for a spin right now and it seems to be working smoothly, it's still very mobile centric but I'm finding it handy on the PC because I'm more around my desktop than I am my mobile.

5. Nah. I'd rather stick to Viber

6. Experimentongod

Experimentongod TS Addict Posts: 226   +85

It works very well, now I can save battery by not turning on my smartphone's screen all the time.

7. Whatsapp should be able to do it regardless of what Apple limitations have. If WeChat doesn't have a problem getting iOS onto a webchat than WhatsApp shouldn't either.

8. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 428   +44

Urmmmm what limitations?
    I scanned a QR code just like this one to set up a few apps in IOS already.
    I hate it when they spew lies in order to save face for not getting their software to work on all platforms by the deadline time.
    They just did it a stupid way coz they didn't want to blatantly copy viber's way.
    By the way guys, VIBER ROCKS! The call quality is reallllly good as well. So are the voice notes (both of which viber has had for AGES)