TechSpot

WhatsApp growth holds steady, crosses 600 million monthly active user milestone

By Shawn Knight
Aug 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Mobile messaging app WhatsApp continues to grow by leaps and bounds. The Facebook-owned service is now servicing more than 600 million monthly active users according to a recent tweet from CEO Jan Koum.

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,389   +329

Once it gets 1billion active users its only gonna take roughly 20 years to get that $19billion back, once you have 5billion people using it I am guessing that $19billion was well worth it but then again it could take 20 years to get 5 billion people using it lol

Whats next: Facebook buys Pandora for $39billion... loool

Seriously if I had $19billion I could turn that into a few hundred billion pretty easily or just sell all the shares in FB and watch it die in seconds... either that or FB would be what $15billion in debt xD

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

I like this app and use it often but I haven't seen much in the way of updates since FB has gotten their meathooks into it. If it starts throwing up ad's in my face because of FB's influence I'll just move to another app, maybe BBM.