When are the XP price cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedonk3

Hi gang... desparate for a new cpu as mine has died. But trolling various sites some claim the Athlon XP will have a major price drop today (to sell stocks before the thoroughbred), but none of the retailers in the UK have cut their prices! I really don't wanna lash out if 2 days later 30% gets knocked off the price of an XP (plus I can go for a 2000 instead of an 1800), that would be really annoying! So has anyone any ideas if these major price cuts are nothing more than a rumour or have there been big cuts in the states?

Cheers.

Yea i think its here too, well i hope so anyway:mad: ... it'll probably just take a few more days/weeks to come into affect :confused:
I presume you use www.scan.co.uk to get your PC bits?? If not u should be shot:dead: As they are probably cheaper than the USA:rolleyes: And they will probably update to the new prices soon enough anyway (even though they already are cheap,£135 for a XP2000+)

Yea......so just leave it for a bit and im sure they'll come down:D

Laterz

Cucumber

Occasionally I find www.dabs.co.uk have a better deal than scan.
Its worth checking them out too. Just remember to add the £10 delivery onto the scan prices...

News item I posted:

AMD CPU Price drop

It is an American site though :(
Dunno when we might see the prices drop in the UK but the 0.13 core XPs should be out in a matter of weeks and the prices should change to reflect this.

The new core should be available in two weeks ( June 10th ) so many stores are trying to "get rid" of their current Palominos stock.

In some stores over here, I can allready find the 1900+ almost underneath 100€.

So what would be a good price for say a current AthlonXP 1800+ which in the UK costs about £90 (@www.ebuyer.com) or $132 or even €140 if u like it shown in those currencies?

That price in the UK has been the same for a while, should I be expected a £20 drop soon to £70 or is it cheap enough at £90 inc. VAT? :confused:

Ps. I don't want to buy it one week with it £20 cheaper the following week, my plan is to buy whichever AthlonXP is around £90, so probably the 1900+ when that price drops.

Think about the people that bought an XboX or PS2 at 299$ only to find it at 199$ the next week. Compared to them 20£ ain't that bad.;)

Originally posted by Didou
Think about the people that bought an XboX or PS2 at 299$ only to find it at 199$ the next week. Compared to them 20£ ain't that bad.;)

Hmm, yes, however, they did get it refunded in one way or another! :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back