When Do You Know When Your Cpu Is Dieing?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops forgot 2 add why, well it seems my cpu usage got alot higher when i look at it wile idling, its like 4,5. When was lik 0 and 1. and i get system crashes. NOT A virus or anything cause its noyt connected to internet...

I dont understand what you are talking about, and i am certain that others dont either. Can i suggest you get someone who can write English a bit better to help you with your post?
Im not trying to be rude to you, just trying to help.
If i do understand a bit of what you said, i dont think your cpu is dying, i believe its some other problem. It could be that your temp and other folders need to be cleaned out, perhaps you need to run your defrag software, etc, etc. There could be 10 other reasons. We would need a lot more info and in words we can understand.

a slight up in usage doesnt mean your cpu is gonna die, lol. it could be anything, from changes in your system, to win updates doing their job. also crashes can be casued by lots of things, not just the net.

btw, you'll definetly know when your cpu is dead, just listen for the bang and look for the smoke. :D

By the way, you can still get a virus when not connected to the net. This can be had by using a floppy that has a virus on it, even a cd with a virus on it. Not that common, but it does happen.

ive done a defrag, and ran ccleaner. used virus checkers(adaware,avg,spybot.) Even had Zone alarm. And sorry for my english because im so use to talking to my freinds on aim. O yea btw, i have even reinstalled windows and the same thing happens. And if i start cliking on things (such as right click a couple times) The cpu usage can go upto like 40 %

eazy_duz_em said:
um ...thats quite normal..on older CPU's..
my 3500+ goes upto 15% when clicking(rightclicking things)

well my pc isnt to old, its an p4 2.4 ghz. And before it would go up to only like 12%(right cliking)

If you want to do a real clean install of win os such as win xp, then go to your hard drive mfgrs website and download the diagnostic program for your hard drive. Inside the program you will find a "zero write" or "write zeroes to hard drive" command there, use that one. It returns your hard drive to its original factory condition, minus the normal wear you have put on it.
One thing, when i mentioned you can get a virus without being connected to the net, i should have pointed out that the worst of virus\malware\trojans, etc, will affect your mbr. The "zero write" program also repairs your mbr.
This prevents any such problems from affecting your os when you install it. I do this for all hard drives before installing windows.
so you may want to do this and then install your os afterward, since you have just installed your os you likely dont have much on it so it wont be so much work to get back where you were.
And the fact that you have cleaned your hd in windows but still have these issues leads me to think you might have a mbr issue anyway.
Or, you may have installed a prog that accesses your hard drive when you arent aware of it.
Do the ctrl\alt\del to get to task mgr\processes and have a look under cpu and see what is using up your cpu.

Look for the diagnostic program, maxblast for maxtor, but get the right one for your drive, you need all the info, type of drive, could be diamondmax....
If western digital then its lifeguard.
What make and model hard drive do you have, i can find it for you and give you the exact page to find it and download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back