When playing a DVD, audio but no video

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHATMAN5050

I have downloaded every new catalyst driver and so on from ATI but I cannot SEE the DVD. I can hear it playing and whatnot, but I see nothing. Any help to this frustrating problems is asked. Thanks!

What DVD Player? Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration features in the DVD players configuration menu.

I would suggest using PowerDVD, as the ones that come with some movies, suck and cause problems. If you have that install it and use it, otherwise post back with what you are using.

Originally posted by Mr.Guvernment
media player 8.* + should play dvd's
It only does so if you already have a DVD codec installed. Same thing with Interactual/PC Friendly.

Originally posted by poertner_1274
I would suggest using PowerDVD, as the ones that come with some movies, suck and cause problems. If you have that install it and use it, otherwise post back with what you are using.

Ditto, PowerDVD is great. Much better thn most other players. I use it to play not only DVDs, but most other types of video as well.

Although you haven't got an NVIDIA video card, you could try NVDVD . It has some great sound features as well as full support for 5.1 audio unlike the earlier versions of PowerDVD. I own both PowerDVD XP 4.0 and NVDVD 2.0, out of the two; I would have to say my favorite is NVDVD 2.0 as it has, as I mentioned already, some great audio features, but has some pretty impressive video features too. Good luck :grinthumb .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back