when press any key, laptop hangs

By sourabh
Apr 14, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. help! press any key from keyboard, it hangs

i have toshiba m35x-s109 laptop. when i arrive i had windows xp home edition. but i want to install win me. it has ntfs formatted hd. so i reformatted it by dos and made partition by dos. when i install win me, the setup starts normally, when i restarted the laptop, it prompted for username, when i press any key , it hangs and i have to restart it, and i occurs always when i press any key from my keyboard.
    so i continued to install win 98, it installed succesfully and it is stated. but the same problem occurs, when i press any key it hangs. but touchpad works fine. what can i do. please tell me
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

It sounds to me like there is a problem with your keyboard. That is the only thing I can think of, especially doing it between 2 different OS's.

Also why would you want to go from XP home to ME? I could understand to 2000 or something, but ME?
  3. es84

es84 Newcomer, in training Posts: 65

I think this note book is not designed for Os me
    It is only designed for XP and MCe , was the key pad working berfore reinstall and is it working to goto Bios ?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.