TechSpot

When will we see a Windows phone from Nokia?

By Emil
Feb 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia announced earlier this month that it was switching to Windows Phone as its primary smartphone platform. The two companies have not yet reached a final agreement; that will be signed in the next few months. In the meantime, we are wondering when we will see the first Windows Phone device from Nokia, the world's largest phone maker by volume.

Read the whole story
  2. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Low price point isn't hard. Just build it using the glass and touchscreen from the palm pre 1. Use a crapdragon cpu from qualcomm. And use a plastic casing. Have a low internal memory like an HTC phone and use only 384mb of ram.

I'm just kidding. Phones like the LG optimus chic and motorola Dext have shown that a $250 no contract phone can still have nice specs.

At the same time HTC has shown that phones with slow hardware and relatively bad specs can still sell for $500 no contract with their Desire Z and HTC HD7.
  3. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

"When will see a Windows phone from Nokia? "
    Does anyone proofread these?
  4. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

I've seen worse. Read this article.

http://www.techspot.com/news/41075-htc-compares-windows-phone-7-to-aol.html

"When asked about what Windows Phone 7 did better than Android, he didn't draw a blank. "I would say that for right now, a customer interested in gaming," MacKenzie replied."

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.