whenUsearch toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya all, im very new to all this and really dunno if i should be in this forum with this question but i'll give it a shot anyways. Recently i have had a whenUsearch toolbar appear on my desktop just above my normal taskbar. I really dont know how it got there or how to get it away, i also think that it might be slowing my computer up aswell. My computer is old enouh as it is but ever ince this searchbar has appeared it has become ven slower. If anyone has any suggestions or advice, i'd be thankful to hear them. thank again.

Welcome to TechSpot

Download and install the following 3 programs, each in their own permanent directory:
Spybot S&D www.safer-networking.org
Adaware Personal SE www.lavasoft.de
HijackThis www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Before running Spybot and Adaware, do an online update each for the latest definitions.

Reboot in Safe Mode (press F8 a few times upon booting).
Run Spybot first, then Adaware. Let them fix whatever they can.
Then reboot again in Safe Mode.
Run Spybot again and also let it "immunise" your PC, takes only a few seconds.

Now run Hijackthis with NO other programs open, but DON'T let it do anything yet.
Copy and paste the HJT report here in this thread. We may be able to help you further.

Make sure you first read TomCoyote's instructions on HJT !!

yourve heard of drive by shootings welcome to deposit by surf as you surf the web the host deposit cookies and all other manners of crap which is'nt illegal yet should be though best bet is get good spyware protection try i use pestpatrol works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back