TechSpot

where can i buy the nintendo wii

By yyiiyyii
Mar 4, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. where can i buy the nintendo wii for the cheapest price

i heard it was suppose to be like 250 and i see it online for 400.

2. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

Where are you ?

Try Wallmart,online or in person at a local store.
    Last i saw was $229 CDN.

3. yyiiyyii

yyiiyyii TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 105

whats CDN?

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Canadian dollars.

Buy the bundle off walmart.com, its expensive and you have to choose a bunch of games with it, but if you put it on a credit card and have a walmart near by you can return the games to walmart and they can put the money back on your credit card right there. That is what I did and I got mine way back in January.

5. PuterGeekGirl

PuterGeekGirl TS Rookie Posts: 64

My son got his the end of January, they were still giving out tickets and showing up at doors early.

I don't think they are still readily available, but supposedly thats supposed to be the case very soon if not already.

6. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 937

I got mine from Bestbuy and walmart on launch date. Ebayed 5 of them, kept one for a while, then sold it. I really enjoyed it, but the temptation of getting double what i paid for it on ebay gave in.

7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,209   +424

I was able to buy one just a short time ago from Sam's Club - don't think that place is being camped as much since you have to have a membership to buy anything there. Find a friend who has a membership and have them take you in to get one. The one here had 42 systems show up and they lasted for several days.

8. SNGX1275

You are guarenteed to get one from walmart.com if you get the bundle. You just have to be able to bite the big purchase until you get the games, then you can return them and recoup your money. It really is a surefire way to get one, I don't know why more people aren't doing it.

Although, you aren't missing too much right now, the best games are multiplayer and they are just minigames. Zelda and Excite Truck are about the only good single player games out there right now (IMO).

But next month Super Paper Mario comes out and that should be awesome.

9. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

10. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

Anyone know when the Wii will really start to get a lot of good games? I'm planning on getting one so I want to know when it will be worth it.

11. SNGX1275

12. yyiiyyii

yyiiyyii TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 105

i found one on ebay for 3 something

13. SNGX1275

Thats great if you want to spend more than $50 over retail.