Where can I find info on these two trojans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to following the instructions here, i managed to find two different trojans. they are Gen-Krpytik and Memman.vxd (Rogue.sysCleaner) There were links on this site to a half dozen anti-virus databases, but I cannot locate them tonight.

Would these two compromise PWs and other info on the drive?

thanks for the info in advance.

Uptrends

You can find information on the Trojan.Agent/Gen-kryptik (note spelling correction) all over the internet.The same for this, Memman.vxd/Rogue.sysCleaner so I'm not going to spend the time doing it.

As for answering your specific questions, I wouldn't want some rogue cleaner wandering around my system, finding my personal information, passwords et al!

I will recommend though that you follow the steps HERE, run the programs and leave the 3 logs. We will review them and help make sure all the malware is found and hopefully removed.

It is not uncommon to find multiple different infecting agents when there is one or two. I can make better use of my time reviewing your logs than searching for something on the internet that is readily available.

Bobbye, Thanks for the reply.

1. It happens that Trojan.Agent/Gen-krpytik IS spelled deliberately incorrectly by the designer. I posted it exactly as it was found in the anti virus program. My brain wanted to spell it correctly but the person who launched this animal had other ideas. It is always possible there are variants that are spelled correctly.

2. Yes. Information is all over the net on those two trojans - and that is my usual MO. However, clicking-through to information on trojans is becoming a risky business these days. In two cases when I checked these Trojans through Google, the supposed "anti-virus" site was actually a "malware" site with real pro looking gui interfaces. Getting malware off a machine is a totally different game than one year ago - and so clicking around the net to unknown anti-virus sites is becoming a way to compound the problem. So - I asked here for the accredited anti-sypware links which are somewhere on this site which I could only find once. There is a list somewhere in here of about ten "genuine" anti-malware companies. That was what I was trying to locate one more time. SuperAntiSpyware was one of those and it was so good, I paid for the service. MalWareBytes is also very good - and was my first venture with this forum.

3. the COMODO firewall was a great suggestion. Thank you. I run the Windows firewall, but this is way better.

4. I have always used Spybot to ferret things out, but suggestions on this board for further programs really dug under the manure pile.

5. So, Bobbye, If you are still willing to help me further, I will work on the 3 logs later today. At least I can use my browsers today to get things done. And that is possible because of what I already did on this site with you "list."

best regards, have a good one....

Bruce
Atlantic Timezone

Bruce, I'll be happy to help you. It works a lot better if I see the logs though. Spelling for malware is so important and we do get a lot of misspellings. But when I see the logs, I know exactly what the entry is.

Will check back after you post the logs. Just out them in a new reply and I will get notice.

About Comodo vs Windows firewall: the Windows firewall only listens to incoming ports. But a bi-directional firewall like Comodo listens at both incoming and outgoing. So if something should get by a firewall and come in to a system, then attempt to contact the internet as outgoing, a bi-directional firewall should catch it.

Thanks, bud.

I have to get a long overdue Word document report done (and then I will get your logs done tonight)

C U a bit later. No need to reply.

cheers,

B

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I have also come across this virus and although my SuperAntiSpyware has delt with it, there seems to be some other damage.

All my shortcuts and their source exe's will not open unless I right click and click "start".

When I do double click on them to open - no matter the shortcut or original file - I get a box that wants me to search for the appropriate program to open it.

Anybody have anyclue as to how to fix this??

-Sciferas77

Hi Sciferas77,

The best thing to do is set up a separate thread about your topic and then go to this page below and go through the instructions. The approach on this board is systematic, and it is best to do things in steps. I have not managed to get through all the steps yet because of time constraints - but hopefully before the weekend is over, I will have done that. THEN I will post the logs suggested. But I am not skipping steps - someone has take the time to organize all this information and it is worth following.
Without a board like this people who get trojans would be "toast." Good luck with your problem on your thread.

cheers, Uptrends

https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-4-step-viruses-spyware-malware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back