Where do i get a Hardrive utility from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive checked the Manufactures website they had nothing so i dont know if any one knows were to get Hdd Zeroing utilities from please tell me thanks

Edited by Poertner_1274: Watch your language on the boards

well ive looked at all those websites :) but thanks for the help and the invite WOOOT!! yea but check out my new post to see a more detailed story of what im going through its all a bunch of bs :( i apologize about the language its just this is really getting to me i know its stupid but hey some people have probs :) :p

I need a Utility that i can run with the harddrive not having an OS installed This Harddrive freezes at 8% when i try to Remove the partition and it just automaticly goes to removing the partitions after the first time i said i wanted to ..... can someone please help me its a samsung sv3063h i need something to completely Erase it so i can Reinstall my partitions pplease guys i really need some help if its any convience to anyone My aim screenname is Fat3l3rror id really love for someone that could help me instantly this forum takes at least a night so im having to wait a full night and its wasting time i mean i kind of have a dead line :) and im really trying not to guy buy a new hard drive because this one isnt but 4 months old :/

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Since you are using a Samsung hard drive, go HERE and download the Samsung hard drive utility. It will alow you to run a low level format.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yes it should work, because it runs from dos.
Hutil is a DOS based utility so it is needed to prepare a bootable 1.44-MB diskette in advance.
Download Hutil_creator.exe on the diskette prepared from the internet. (Hutil_creator.exe is an auto extract execution file.)
When you execute the Hutil_creator.exe, Hutil folder will be created and extract Hutil.exe and Hutilxxx.cfg files.
Reboot the system by above diskette.
Execute the program by typing A:\Hutil.exe in DOS mode.

To make a bootable floppy disk. Insert a blank floppy into your floppy drive. Double click to open my computer, and right click on your floppy drive. Select format, and then tick the box that says "create an ms startup disk" and click start.

Regards Howard :)

I dont even have dos on my comp at this time It gets no further then the Specs screen It says to push Esc to boot and then just goes to a blank screen and thats it

I put this up here for those that need
I did not write this ,but I am allowed to distribute freely
wipeout
you will need to make a bootable disc as this is not come with it.
I copyed it to my Fdisk utility
it will write 0's to the drive
look up barts bootable Cd if you have no floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back