Where do you get vista?

Hi peddant,

whats going on with microsoft? they deleted the public release and now it is available again?

pcaceit said:
whats going on with microsoft? they deleted the public release and now it is available again?
They have deleted it,but ZDNET still have it.

EDIT :"For registered customers who have received a Product Key the download sites will remain open until Friday, July 14."

In other words you can still download it,but it`s useless unless you already have a product key.

requirements for what... system hardware?

as for official requirements, i don't even think microsoft knows that yet :rolleyes:

but basically from what I have read, most modern systems can run vista with no problem, some bells and whistles will automatically be disabled on slower machines. the most notible requirement will the video card. i believe that it will require a 64MB video card... but come on now, when's the last time you had a 64MB video card? lol :haha:

but this article seems to disagree and says that vista will take much more than I originally thought. especially for the 64-bit version. good read though :)

If it's any help, my rig was on the upper side of the entry-level range when I built it in December of '04 (not much has changed since then, save an upgrade to 1GB of RAM and the addition of an extra hard disk)... and it handles Vista beautifully. I use all the Aero effects and don't notice any issues.

As far as I can tell from my own testing, the parts of your system that will need to be strongest are the video card and system RAM. Of course, my video card (ATI Radeon 9550) is available in stores for about $60 and an extra 512MB of RAM isn't an expensive upgrade, so I'd say those system requirements are hardly what I'd call harsh.

Just to clarify, though -- I don't use the 64-bit version of Vista... and I imagine that would have more demanding requirements. At this stage in the game, though, if you're running a processor capable of supporting that, you probably exceed the requirements anyway.

MarcFOnline said:
As far as I can tell from my own testing, the parts of your system that will need to be strongest are the video card and system RAM.
Vista can be used with the "old" XP-ish look, Aero or Aero Glass aren't mandatory.

I'm running Vista64 on an Athlon 64 2800+ (overclocked to 1.98 from 1.8) with 1 gig of ram and an eVGA 7800GS Superclock. I have all the eye candy possible turned on, and maybe its because its a new install, or maybe because its a native 64 bit os, but it seems snappier than XP 32.

confused001 said:
AMDIsTheBest010 said:
800MHz or faster "modern" CPU
512MB RAM
15GB HD space
128MB, DX9 compatible VideoCard, with 32Bit color
base requrements
Wow!
I don't have that kind of system.
Thanks anyways. :)
you don't :confused:

those requirements are very low. you're PC's specs are not higher than that??

its not hard to make your system meet those requirements.

Buy a larger HD, or delete files and programs off your current HD to free up space, or beeter yet, buy an external HD, and dunp all your files on that, then reformat current HD.

get more RAM, (come on, RAM is cheap, AND easy to install)

if your CPU is not at least 800HMz, then that thing is a dinosuar, buy a new one.

you dont HAVE to have 128MB video RAM, thats just the requirements to run the new "Aero" 3D, and transparency effects.

or better even yet, buy yourself a cheap dell, and upgrade the RAM every dell desktop now come witha base 80GB HD. the dimension E310 has 512MB RAM, 80GB HD, P4 w/ HT and meets the requirements for just $449.00

...AMD

SNGX1275 said:
I'm running Vista64 on an Athlon 64 2800+ (overclocked to 1.98 from 1.8) with 1 gig of ram and an eVGA 7800GS Superclock. I have all the eye candy possible turned on, and maybe its because its a new install, or maybe because its a native 64 bit os, but it seems snappier than XP 32.

did you happen to buy the computer system they had on shopNBC last month? maybe not, but those specs are the exact parts and everything that the PC on the show was?

ohh, ok well i always watch the computer shows on the shopping netorks, and your system has the exact same specs as the one they were selling on there.

...AMD

Well, don't all those things cost $$?
I don't have a job right new.
Wonder what computer item you can sell on ebay to get money?

I just downloaded, install it and cost me no money at all! someone gave me the link on another thread just can't remember the site :S

And BTW, just build this system at work and try it here, it need a minimun of 512 of RAM, basic install took around 8GB of HDD and visual effects are not working here because it's onboard intel graphics adapter 64MB, it needs at least 128MB, I know this system sucks, but it's the only one I have available at work that belong to nobody and want to try it. It looks so cool even without the effects of Aero. Can't wait to try at home with my 7800GS :D

Back