Where have all the good tablets gone?

SirDigby

TechSpot Elite
At the start of 2015 I was in the shop for a new tablet, I was replacing my Nexus 7 (2013) and up sizing to a 10", at the time it was between the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and the Sony Xperia Tablet 2 10.1, both ~£350. I am now again starting to look around for a new 10" android tablet as my Samsung has noticeably started to wain over the past few months, luckily I am in no rush because the current tablet selection for higher end products is very slim pickings indeed my friends.

Current contenders if you want a well performing Android Tablet are the Google Pixel C and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 3... Both of which are £500+ (the latter in the £700 range). Decent output in these areas have suffered over the years, and that is partially because the market has stagnated a fair bit for tablets, partially because the iPad has won a lot of ground with the mainstream market, and also partially because Windows 10 has made a decent comeback for the productivity tablets which has very much eaten into the android marketshare.
This now means there is slim pickings for new tablets and its pretty darn annoying. There seems to be a big resurgence in price for tablets and it means these products will lose business, I have read rumours that 2017 will host several tablet releases but there's only 3 possible events for those after Android, Computex in June, IFA in September and Samsung's own event in October.
I will be sat there waiting, hoping my current tablet doesn't die on me.

Back