TechSpot

Where to Buy the new Ageia PhysX accelerator card for PC

By OpTiMuSpRiMe
Mar 22, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have been reading and following this new device for awhile now.. the new dell renegade XPS comes with it and some other brands such as Alienware and so on.. i was wondering if anyone knew if this axpansion card is for sell to the general public yet or if it will ever be.thanks guys
  2. tdeg

tdeg TS Rookie Posts: 348

So far this is vaporware (isn't retail yet).

If Dell is selling it (BTW Dell has now bought Alienware... so one and the same) then maybe it has reached the OEM market already.

I don't think any games support it yet. I was reading an interview with a guy from the company and they are just shipping to game developers now so don't count on it doing any good for a year or so. They hadn't even finallized a retail version yet.

So.... sit on your hands for a bit. When it first hits the shelves it will be overpriced and won't do jack. Give it about a year and a bit though and it might be something worth looking at.
  3. OpTiMuSpRiMe

OpTiMuSpRiMe TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 211

i have the SDK on it and it is very intresting to me to see what it is campable of doing for major 3d titles.they are already teamed with ubisoft and doom 3 already has the engine built into the game..i read an article at tomshardware.com that went over some of the key features as well as visited the ageia site to learn more..thanks for the help though tdeg
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.