Status
Not open for further replies.

taicheng

Minimum requirements

CPU Pentium III 300A

Graphics Card 8MB Graphics Card

DirectX DirectX 8.0

Memory 64MB

Those are requirements for a game I want to play, except I need to install a drivers. They gave me downloads to nVidia GeForce ForceWare and ATI Radeon Catalyst except I've downloaded both of them and installed them. They come up with this error. Is there something wrong with my graphic card? Where do I found out the MB of my graphic card is?

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 16
First off, what graphics card are you running??? You should never download and install drivers for programs/hardware unless you know what product you are downloading them for. Seems to me with the error message you received, you may have an Intel Integrated graphics card and memory .

First of all, we don't know what your system contains in the first place. If its prebuilt by a manufacturer eg ACER, HP, Toshiba etc, find out the model no and state what manufacturer its from.. otherwise if you dont know/cant find it download SIW or Everest Home (google for them) and post the report or system summary here.

Second, what game are we talking about here?

Now, the error.. its probably the case that you don't have those branded video cards installed (ATI/nVidia) or have incompatible cards to those drivers which would explain why it won't install, eg you have a Intel brand graphics adaptor etc. That and installing random drivers off the net not knowing what you have can prove problematic to your PC in the future.. (edit: and what he said! :D)

Yes, I have an Intel Integrated graphics card and memory. I don't know what company made it though...when i right click proterties, setting, advanced, it says my video card is Unknown. Everything is Unknown...but it IS there... so...what do I do now?

You havent even said what speed processor your pc has in it or what version of windows you are using!!!!!!!!!

taicheng said:
Yes, I have an Intel Integrated graphics card and memory. I don't know what company made it though...when i right click proterties, setting, advanced, it says my video card is Unknown. Everything is Unknown...but it IS there... so...what do I do now?

An INTEL integrated graphics card and memory. I wonder who makes that too.

The easiest way to find out what video card you have is to open up your computer and look on the video card itself. If it doesn't say what it is get the serial number or maker and google it and you will find it.
When you find it you can get the right drivers for it and install them.

I'll tell you everything your program tells me then:

Processor:
name: Intel Pentium 4
code name: northwood
brand ID: 9
package: socket 478 mPGA
technology: 0.13 um
voltage: keeps changing from 1.580-1.620
specification: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
(ext.)family: F
(ext.)Model: 2
Stepping: 9
revision: D1
Don't tihnk you need stuff under "Clocks" and "cache" so won't list.

Motherboard:
Manufacturer: unstated
Model: P4145Gx_PE ------------ 1.00
Chipset: Intel -- i845G -- Rev. B1
Southbridge: Intel -- W83627HF

BIOS:
Brand: American Meatrends Inc.
Version: P3.40
Date: 02/15/2006

Okay, now go to Start -> Run -> Dxdiag -> Display ; there you will see what video card you have.

What do I do now?
Here some things I find:
The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Main Driver: vga.dll
Version: 5.01.2600.0000
Date: 2/23/2003 07:00:00
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Mini VDD: n/a
DDI Version: unknown

Under Device:
all n/a except for one telling me current display mode

taicheng said:
What do I do now?
Here some things I find:
The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Main Driver: vga.dll
Version: 5.01.2600.0000
Date: 2/23/2003 07:00:00
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Mini VDD: n/a
DDI Version: unknown

Under Device:
all n/a except for one telling me current display mode

Hmmm, if you know what model and make your computer is (Ex. Sony Vaio VGC-RB33GY), we can help get you the correct drivers for your system.

taicheng said:
Where can I find this info :eek:

It should be on the case somewhere. You can find out the manufacturer from Control Panel -> System.

umm, I think you can identify for me through this image?

systemxd8.jpg

taicheng said:
umm, I think you can identify for me through this image?

systemxd8.jpg

No, it doesn't say. Hmm, can you find the make and model by looking at the computer case?

Can't you just google Intel integrated graphics drivers? Or get the motherboard's driver CD and install the VGA drivers...

Also, what am I looking for? I see "intel" and under it a whole bunch of numbers, my motherboard as it seems is made by ASRock

I don't think thats the problem though... it will probably show up as unknown...I'll give it a try anyways, gimme a sec :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back