Where's my Display Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dual monitor setup on my Windows XP. To replace a monitor, I moved everything to 1 monitor and checked it as the primary monitor and unchecked "extend my desktop" for both monitors. The second monitor went black - as expected.

I replaced the monitor and now want to switch back to my dual monitor mode. However, when I right-click>properties, the display properties are not displaying on my primary monitor.

How do I get them onto the viewing monitor if I can't see it?

If you give us the specs of your syst. video card and such. some one might be able to help you. I use a NVIDIA video card, I can go to the Control Panel, and Display Settings then, Advanced, then to my video card, and set it there but it will be different in different video cards.

Nickc, thank you for your attempt to help out. But in case it happenes again, it would be nice to have a solution pop up in the search results.

I have a Radeon 9800 AGP (Bios: BK-ATI Ver 008.004.008.017) with 128 MB memory size.

As I stated in my first post, the display properties were not displaying on my primary monitor, so there was no way to click on advanced.

After trying many different things, it started displaying the display settings on the active monitor and I was then able to click on advanced and add my second new monitor. What I did to correct the situation, I have no idea, but I would like to know in case this happens again since my "new" monitor just added is only marginally better than the one I just replaced.

This problem had happened to me before and I remember by using the keyboard I was able to "move" the display properties window back onto my primary monitor. I just don't remember how.

This was the solution I was hoping others would be familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back