Where's my file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded a file from Techspot.com and I have no idea where it is. I dbl clicked on the download now button and was given a "downloading" message. When the download was complete, the webpage automatically changed to a differant page.
I used my search command and it claims there is no such file (searched all files and drives). I tried to download twice. Same thing. Does anybody have a clue where I might find the file?
I am looking for the HiJackThis file. (I have a malware program installed by a theif who's trying to steal my information) MS says this file will help copy the info so they can find a way to get rid of it.
Thanks.

if you did not set a area for it to dwnld to
it may be on your desktop
look for funny new icon
should tell us what browser you use
IE no doubt :cool:

Sorry, I am using XP, IE latest version. The download page had a "download" icon. I dbl clicked on the icon and it stated, ""downloading". It did not give me a location to place the file. When doing a system search, it says file not found.
Thanks.

try just clicking on the button once...

otherwise, right click over the download icon>save target as..

it should come up with a small grey window with a download bar in the middle (the main window) and then a small explorer type of window will pop up asking you where to save to.

with a malware issue try to install firefox use that instead and dwnld again
could be malware infected IE
should be options setting in IE to prompt for dwnld place
most use the desktop as default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back