Which AGP card for AGP 4X system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster

About my system #2,
it runs a GF4 Ti4200 128MB on an AGP 4X mobo, and it's starting to get lag a bit and get low framerates with the latest games.

Is there an AGP graphic card someone could suggest that doesn't cost too much because the system would be upgraded to something new in a few months, and the card will not be able to work in the new system.

(I noticed that it might need a PSU and RAM upgrade tho)

if you an nab a 9800pro for chepp, or go for a 6600gt or 6800xt in agp, an x800pro might be a bit overkill

6800xt and x800 are way too pricey (not over 200$ CAD) the 6800 is around 300$

I was first thinking to take an X1600Pro for 175$ CAD, but I think that it's not worth paying that much to be able to play the latest games without problems. 9800pro looks like a good choice, but I wonder if there are any other options for that price tag that might be more performant.

About 6600GT, I hear so much people with that card having problems with AGP 4X motherboards that I don't want to buy it and it's only available with 128MB ram while an X1600 Pro 512MB costs the same thing.

Is there an advantage to get 512MB of RAM over 256MB? Will it help to reduce the AGP bandwidth requiered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back