Which antispyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

itaosl

Hello,

My question is a very classical one.I am running for a year now spyware detector(legal licence) .I can say that I am happy with this program.My licence is due to expire in a couple of days.I would like to ask if there is a better program to get or I should keep running spyware detector?
I have no problem to buy a new program(or on the cost) therefore all suggestions(not only on free programs) are welcome.
I usually work in a professional and high risk environment if this can help anyhow so security is very important.

AVG AntiSpyware, paid version. Spyware Doctor, and Webroot Spysweeper are among the good ones. None are perfect.
There are plenty of reviews you can find with a Gurgle search.

AVG AntiSpyware now comes either with AVG Internet security either AVG Antivirus.I run Kasperky and I do not want a second antivirus/internet security program.
What is the difference between spyware detector and spyware doctor?

The first question -> What Firewall do you have? Did you get one with Kaspersky?

*Check out MBAM (Malware Bytes Anti Malware) you can download the free version to try it out, then if you want to get the paid version go for it. Even the free version is amazing, I have been using it quite a bit lately to remove Vundo variants that even Vundofix and Virtumondebegone have been missing.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
===========================

Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

===========================

In addition to getting a new Anti-spyware program, here are some additional utilities that will enhance your safety

• IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
  • Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
  • Winpatrol <= Download and install the free version of Winpatrol. a tutorial for this product is located here:
    Using Winpatrol to protect your computer from malicious software

I highly recommend WinPatrol, you will hardly notice its there other than the icon in the tray. Takes almost no resources to run, and has many additional features such as controlling startup programs

We are not familiar with Spyware Detector. Spyware Doctor has a Download available that makes it easy to test and easy to remove.

We see way too many problems with Spyware Blaster... It puts an amazing amount of junk on the hard drive that is way too difficult to remove. Their tech support is not always able to help.

WebRoot SpySweeper is not my favorite but is near the top with Spyware Doctor, in reviews. Spyware Doctor remains at $24.95... All others are higher

Our favorite remains AVG now that Antispyware, RootKit, and Antivirus are combined, but $60 bucks is a bit heavy pull on the rumb wallet.

We, as with many on this list, service a number of computers everyday. AVG and Spyware Doctor have not failed us, whereas Spyware Blaster and others have.

I read someplace today during a Google search that there are now 87 varieties of Spyware removers around the world, and most of them are more dangerous than a year ago.

We continue to be disappointed by McAfee and Symantec... based on the history of our locals.

I highly recommend against Spyware detector it was formerly on the rogue/suspect antispyware list. Though it has be de-listed from the rogue list. There are too many good alternatives to recommend a company that was on the list at any time.

Here is a comparison of many different programs:
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/asw-features.htm

SpywareDetector is under Max Secure Software which a privately held company based in Pune, India with offices in US. They claim to create user-friendly and innovative PC security and privacy products, focusing on Individual, Professionals and Corporate Internet users across the globe, using Microsoft Windows operating systems..
Spyware Doctor is owned by PCTools. PC Tools is a privately held company with offices located in Australia, USA, UK, Ireland and Ukraine. PC Tools was originally founded as part of the WinGuides Network in 1998, before being rebranded as PC Tools in 2004. PC Tools claims to be powered by a dedicated team of professionals from a variety of diverse disciplines and countries in order to develop, publish and support leading security and system software for the Microsoft Windows operating system. It is currently has the most high ratings by the consumer magazines, and government agency ratings offices.
They are not related to each other as corporations, in any way that I can discover.

Ive had alot of luck removing malacious things with the free version of adaware. Can't really afford to pay much for a program.

Can you afford to remove the top ten Trojans now infesting so many users....?
If you are on the internet, a decent program is the cost of being online. Adaware is good for adware, but does not have the staff and resources to respond quickly to a top evil infestation.
If you think you are clever enough to avoid the bad ones, you are merely lucky... if you correspond with others online... because the infestation may start with a friend.

Ummm yes actually I got a very nasty virus that was locking out my command prompt, my task administrator, my admin account and my windows firewall and adaware removed it. (scvhost or something)

Ive also paid for 3 different anti-virus programs including panda and norton and they didnt work well at all.

There are enough free programs out there to fully protect the home user

Now if you are a corporation you have to pay

so renew the subscription to spyware detector or proceeding in buying another package?
And a simply question....can AVG nternet security be installed with only the antispyware component?I have Kasperky Internet security 7 running in my system and this may cause conflict.

No. As of May 1, AVG is only a combo package... No separate spyware.
Get Spyware Doctor. It is the highest rated, and the lowest cost. $24.95... Download trial for free. It will scan but not remove.

SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes Anti-malware have free versions which scan and remove but for real time protection you have to buy them.

raybay said:
No. As of May 1, AVG is only a combo package... No separate spyware.
Get Spyware Doctor. It is the highest rated, and the lowest cost. $24.95... Download trial for free. It will scan but not remove.

I have installed Spyware doctor but it creates me problems.First makes my pc very slow particularly in start up and when I try to be connect in some on line streaming tv channels the pc is ''sticking'' in the that can do anything . Also some high cpu usage is noticed. Entering in safe mode or disabling Spyware doctor everything returns to normal.Any suggestions?Sounds so strange to me that causes this problem

I am sorry to say this but spyware doctor has a behaviour more of a malware rather a prevention program.Today it has taken me 50 minutes to login in my pc!!!!!!!
I stared normally the windows and till the on guard protection of spyware doctor start I could do for 1 minute something.After that I lost total control of my pc.Even if trying with task manager to shut down some application including spyware doctor this was impossible.The solution was to restart the computer ,and for the 1 minute before the on guard protection of spyware doctor is loaded up to give the order from the spyware doctor command to shut down.Now do you have any comments or recommendation on how to avoid this?

Like I said install Winpatrol and either Superantispyware or MBAM, they both have free versions. Then if you like them buy them

That is not normal. In fact, we have never seen it.
Perhaps you already have an infestation that is trying to destroy the spyware.

my hjt

I am uploading my hjt file for inspection.By the way I have had lately some problems with active x lately (and still have some of them) and had to unistal and reinstall following adobe's instruction.Now every time I have to open IE asks me to approve the active x control(now set to prompt).IE is also very slow in loading.and cpu is from 18%-50% (sometimes explodes to even 100%)View attachment hijackthis.log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back