Which antivirus do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

After I have just reformated and reinstalled windows XP from a new trojan type that destroyed my OS, Ive decided to get another antivirus to compliment my Norton System Works 2003 version since it did not detect and get rid of the virus (Kaspaskey trial did though). I was looking at PC-Cillin, Kaspaskey and possibly Mcafee. PC-Cillin so far has been the highest rated in majority of the sites I visited, but I wanted your take on them. If you like one could you please state the reasons why, how the performed, any issues and also could you state the year of the program and anything else you want to add. Ive noticed for example, that PC-Cillin 2006 was rated slightly less then 2005 on cnet.com for some slight annoyances with that years software. Thanks.

taylub said:
be like me and wing it i dont use antivirus just anti spyware stuff :)

That`s the worst piece of advice I`ve heard.

Having an Antivirus programme and a firewall are not only sensible, but preferred.

madcatmk2123.

I use the free AVG antivius and the free Zonealarm firewall. I`ve never had any problems from viruses etc.

Regards Howard :)

yeah i know. What i did not mention was that the pc im on is what i use to obtain them to well thats private :p. Zonealarm is good and all but it cost to much howard are there any good free firewalls? i dont want to steal them

are there any good free firewalls?

Yes, the free Zonealarm from HERE, or the free Kerio firewall from HERE.

Both are very good, but apparently Zonealarm is easier to use than Kerio. I say apparently, cause I`ve never used Kerio.

Regards Howard :)

I think The new Mcafee is good, though some one told m it has bugs
But it is user friendly and the features are good , like Virus worm tracking , preety cool , using 2 anti virus will get heavy on the system , norton uses lot of resources, invest only in one good anti virus

AVG & Avast! are good free AV programs. I would recommend NOD32. It's not free but it's positively the most powerful AV program I have ever used. Used in conjunction with ZoneAlarm & Ad-Watch(Ad-Aware Professional edition's real-time anti-spyware monitor), it is guaranteed to protect ur PC from any malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back