Which 'BRAND' of 6600GT should I buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzada

Hi all..

I've got maybe a day or two before I purchase a 6600GT from NewEgg, and was wondering if there was any brand that was better than the others...and for what reason/s ?

It has to be from NewEgg....and it has to be one of the $199 or under AGP models.

They have 2 XFX models...a Chaintech model...a Jaton model...an AOpen model....2 Rosewills...an EVGA...an APOLLO...a GIGAbyte...and a PROLink.

I'm not overly concerned about the software bundle..the priorities are as follows:

1) Quality
2) Performance
3) Noise levels

and just a quick note..I'll probably never OClock it, if that factors into it.

Thanks ahead for the advice/articles/opinions... :suspiciou :D

well,first of all,youre getting a geforce 6600 gt.....awesome.when considering brands,you should keep an eye out for a couple of things-first some manufacturers have started offering the memory interface/gpu clocked higher out of the box.its certainly an important asp[ect to consider but should not be the main one,check if you are getting anything good in the free bundeled game/software set,i think they were offering doom3 check again.check for the size of the heatsink and fan.while you probably wont be able to find out a great deal from the site you'll atleast have to look around.

xfx is ok but not that popular.chaintech,evga,gigabyte are the top most respected brands in this category.also see if asus offers any geforce 6600 cards they are also very respectable.thats it hope this helps,by theway i heard some of the manufacturers were offering life time warranty and trade in options as a bonus.so you might want to check that out too.

good luck

6600gt

The Apollo and the one Rosewill look the same.
apollo
rosewill
And these four all seem to have very similar heatsinks.

link
link
link
link

Then you have gigabyte and evga which are "original" in heatsink design.
evga
gigabyte

Several of these cards say they have 1000mhz memory, but the gigabyte is the only one that has a review that verify this. The other "1000" mhz ones were actually 900 according to reviewers. I think 1000mhz memory will make it faster, and gigabyte is a pretty decent brand. Next I think I would look at the evga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back