Which card offers best SLI for budget

Jul 5, 2007
  1. I am trying to up the graphics on my computer since i was stuck using only PCI slots i upgraded to an Abit AW8d mobo SLI enabled. So i'm on a pretty tight budget for building my PC, i can easily use up to $200 on this and i can put in more if i need to but is it better/cheaper to get x2 SLI video cards or one high end video card.

What i'm running atm:
    Abit AW8D SLI mobo
    Dual pentium 4 3ghz cpu
    1.5 gbs RAM
    3d Fuzion Nvidia FX5500 (PCI vc)
    stock PSU

also have a question for the PSU if i can afford to use the SLI. When i buy the PSU does it have to have SLI support or be a SLI enabled PSU or can i just get a PSU with a solid ammount of watts and it will work? Because i noticed that some PSU specs say "SLI support: No" but it didnt seem right to me so if someone could clear that up for me it would be great thanks.
  2. LXIX

LXIX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 108

Ok i did some research and found some good deal SLI cards i can afford but i'm stuck with the decision between these two cards can you guys tell me which one is better, they are essentially the same price just one has a better rebate which i don't expect to get anytime soon in the next 4,000 years.
    The links to both cards are below, help is appreciated.
  3. Char_X

Char_X TS Rookie Posts: 170

as for me....XFX GeForce 7900 is better.
    according to reviews on it "it is amazing card".
    and the higher number card has the faster it is
  4. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

I recommend the eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GS KO.
  5. LXIX

LXIX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 108

After researching it way further the 7900 is by far a way better deal. It offers way more and it looks easier to overclock/keep cool since it doesnt use "heatsyncs" like the fatal1ty card. also the fatal1ty is more expensive with MIR and its the same exact specs of a 7600 but has 650mhz which i could easily do if i overclocked a 7600.

So i'm going to get the 7900 but my question about the power supply still stands.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.