Which card offers best SLI for budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXIX

I am trying to up the graphics on my computer since i was stuck using only PCI slots i upgraded to an Abit AW8d mobo SLI enabled. So i'm on a pretty tight budget for building my PC, i can easily use up to $200 on this and i can put in more if i need to but is it better/cheaper to get x2 SLI video cards or one high end video card.

What i'm running atm:
Abit AW8D SLI mobo
Dual pentium 4 3ghz cpu
1.5 gbs RAM
3d Fuzion Nvidia FX5500 (PCI vc)
stock PSU

also have a question for the PSU if i can afford to use the SLI. When i buy the PSU does it have to have SLI support or be a SLI enabled PSU or can i just get a PSU with a solid ammount of watts and it will work? Because i noticed that some PSU specs say "SLI support: No" but it didnt seem right to me so if someone could clear that up for me it would be great thanks.

Ok i did some research and found some good deal SLI cards i can afford but i'm stuck with the decision between these two cards can you guys tell me which one is better, they are essentially the same price just one has a better rebate which i don't expect to get anytime soon in the next 4,000 years.
The links to both cards are below, help is appreciated.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2769348&body=REVIEWS

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2446338&body=REVIEWS

as for me....XFX GeForce 7900 is better.
according to reviews on it "it is amazing card".
and the higher number card has the faster it is

After researching it way further the 7900 is by far a way better deal. It offers way more and it looks easier to overclock/keep cool since it doesnt use "heatsyncs" like the fatal1ty card. also the fatal1ty is more expensive with MIR and its the same exact specs of a 7600 but has 650mhz which i could easily do if i overclocked a 7600.

So i'm going to get the 7900 but my question about the power supply still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back