TechSpot

Which card should i buy ? please help

By harrisdurrani
May 26, 2006
  1. Hey guys i just need a lil info and am sure u guys can help me out...

Currently i own an X800 XL and am thinking of an Upgrade..but cant spend more than 240 CDN.. there are a couple of cards that come in my mind but am not really sure about it.... Do you think i should get an X1800 GTO or a 7600 GT?.. will any of these cards give my gaming performance a majore boost compared to the X800XL that i have ?... OR should i get a 7800 GT

Thanks
    Harris

AMD 3500+
    X800 XL pcie
    2GB Corsair Value select
    450W Antec Truepoer II
    Asus A8N-e deluxe

2. paranoid guy

paranoid guy TS Rookie Posts: 459

I really don't think you should get a new graphics card at the moment, what with DirectX 10 cards coming out in a while and the fact that you have a pretty decent card at the moment. If I were you I'd wait and upgrade the whole rig later(this is if you're a gamer, btw)
    Of course it's your money...

3. Greenmachine

Greenmachine TS Rookie Posts: 164

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,290   +25

If u want to upgrade, sell ur old card and get an X1800 GTO or 7900 GT if its affordable enough. I saw a couple of 7900 GTs on Tigerdirect.ca for around 350 CAD. U can probably afford that if u sell ur old card.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.