TechSpot

Which device driver is causing blue screen? 2

By MagikGimp
Jan 18, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Much in the same vein as LINK WOZ 'ERE I'm getting BSODs every now and then too. I've run a test with MemTest that didn't find any problems so I've attached my last five MiniDumps; hope you guys can help me. Some information on how I can find out what's wrong for myself next time it happens would be great too. I'm running XP, all updates (apart from latest .NET service packs which I intend to install later when I have more HDD space) BTW.

Many thanks,
    John.

PS: I've had to remove the link in this post due to the forum's rules I don't understand.
  2. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

All the crashes are caused by SpeedBit. See if you can update it.

Debug Memory Dumps.

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}
    Probably caused by : sbbotdi.sys ( sbbotdi+6550 )
    Image name: sbbotdi.sys Timestamp: Thu May 31 02:46:11 2007 (465DB863)
  3. MagikGimp

MagikGimp TS Rookie Topic Starter

Many thanks. Their Video Accelerator never seemed to work on this computer for some reason but Download Accelerator is already updated to the latest version. I've un-installed VA so hopefully that should fix things. DAP crashes now and then (not with a BSOD) but I find it invaluable so I'll think about keeping it or not.

BTW, how would I go about finding out this information for myself?
    Thanks again.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.