TechSpot

Which Hard Drive for $40.00?

By vilex
Dec 22, 2003
  1. I'm looking to get a new hard drive and I'm having some trouble figuring out which one would be the best bang for my buck. I only have around 40 dollars I can spend, but then I'd also be totally satisfied with something fast/quiet thats only 30-40 gigs.:)

2. Krugger

Krugger TS Rookie Posts: 173

I know you were lookin small, but hows this sound?
    Western Digital Internal EIDE 80GB 7200RPM Hard Drive for $49.99 after a $50 mail in rebate?
    http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.j...p=0310436693689&bookmark=bookmark_0&oid=56383

another option, with some more work involved:
    Maxtor® 80GB Ultra ATA/133 Internal Hard Drive, 7200 RPM
    $59.84 after coupon/rebate
    How to do it: go to here and add the drive to your cart.
    Then go to here and add the paper clips to your cart (need to get the total over $100).
    Then add coupon # 15813940 at the bottom of the cart page. (it's a 10% off $100)
    the rebate can be found: http://rebates.teg-online.com/officedepot/index.asp?odserver=www.officedepot.com
    do a search for item# 678133

-Krugger

3. vilex

vilex TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

That Western Digital looks pretty tasty ;) Thanks

4. Krugger

no prob, glad i could help.
    -Krugger

5. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

This WD 80GB is a great deal for that price. Grlad you made that choice. I have 2 of these with 3 year warranty. Have been usin one for almost a year. Its pretty quiet and there's no complains at all.

6. vilex

vilex TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

That Western Digital is now in my computer case and I'm liking it a lot, many thanks :)

7. Krugger

no problem, don't forget to send that rebate in on time :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.