Which is better ATI or Nvidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarstone

Which is better ATI or Nvidia ... As for duration compatibility with operating systems overclocking and price.

IMO, ATI, offers the better value, ATI sets the pricing for the industry. Nvidia relies on raw horsepower, and ATI is more tech advanced. as far as games you will have to do some research depending on your gaming choices. some titles favor the Nvidia architecture, some favor ATI's
something to keep in mind is that ATI has the jump on DX11 tech, and is launching (allegedly this sept-Nov) the new DX11 cards and it looks as ifthey have a 6-12 month jump on Nvidia in that endeavor.

Well, I'll agree with red on that one. Price / performance ratio is better with ATI, IMO. But, ultimately comes down to personal preference. If you're intending to purchase, go with either brand and you won't be unhappy. :)

Just to give you two some perspective, this is zarstone's 12th thread in 12 posts. Look before you leap. None of which I might add, come within a country mile of coherency.

I understand but if you think that for me the latest technology is almost unattainable between a HD4850 and a 9800GT which is better ... in games like COD4 and AA3

I'd safely say the HD4850.

@ Captaincranky : Noticed that myself. Seems, as Red puts it, he's in a quest for knowledge. :D

ok red and what is the problem whit my post.... all are differents ..ups you dont see good ....or was my bad english.....if dont help ...please play cards or pacman or wherever...ty.
No all people are master or doctors in computers..... im try to learn....bye

The 4770 has 20% of overclocking headroom, which you may like, I know I do. At the listed price it gives you a value of a card costing 30-40usd more.

ok red and what is the problem whit my post.... all are differents ..ups you dont see good ....or was my bad english.....if dont help ...please play cards or pacman or wherever...ty.
No all people are master or doctors in computers..... im try to learn....bye

ummm hey Zarstone, maybe you should go read the reply to your multiple post's from the the guy who runs this place https://www.techspot.com/vb/post789691-9.html, and stop running around admonishing everyone else! in case you haven't noticed pal, i am the one who has tried to offer you constructive answers to your flurry of posts!
:suspiciou

What exactly is your problem Zarstone. You've been gunning at everyone since you started. I think you've received answers to all questions you've asked so far. If you think Techspot isn't working for you then please feel free not to post here. Now it's your tone that is getting consistently offensive.

I am very grateful for the support I have received from members of the site but it strikes me that the only attacks I have received since arriving .... I find it very strange and I would like to know why .. this is why we devote a post ... IF NOT GOING TO HELP BETTER WELL ... does not help. I have not talk about keys or passwords, but many insist on the same ..... which is the idea that ...?????

Ok Zarstone. Nobody attacked you. At least not on purpose. There might have been some form of misunderstanding. I think it's best to not harbour any ill-feelings. Your post to red1776 was absolutely uncalled for. He's been very helpful throughout. Not just to you, but to everyone around here. A lot of people would agree to that.

Anyway, let us not exacerbate this matter any further. Hope you've got the help you needed.

From what I can tell, it depends on what your spending. For like 220$, the nvidea 275 seems to be the best bang for your buck. On the other hand around 130$ US dollars the 4870 radeon seems to be the way to go. I am by no means a expert but I have recently done a lot video card searching. So if you want the best bang for your buck tell us what you intend to spend. Both are excellent brands.

I am very grateful for the support I have received from members of the site but it strikes me that the only attacks I have received since arriving .... I find it very strange and I would like to know why .. this is why we devote a post ... IF NOT GOING TO HELP BETTER WELL ... does not help. I have not talk about keys or passwords, but many insist on the same ..... which is the idea that ...?????

Every one of your threads indicates a complete lack of any effort on your part to learn on your own. You are wanting everything spoon fed to you, and you've been getting real answers in return somehow.

For performance questions on AMD vs Intel, ATi vs nvidia you should do a search on your favorite search engine for benchmarks of those, read the benchmarks, then if something is confusing you post about it. Or even use the search here, there is a wealth of information on this board and I really doubt you even attempted to look for it.

Its not generally received well when such basic questions are asked because it shows the person didn't even try to find the information out on their own. I think you got mostly positive responses because people saw your location and just figured your English wasn't any good so they didn't want to be the one to tell you your posts don't make much sense, especially not the titles of them, the somehow they also gave you a pass on the actual question being asked.

Put a bit of your own effort into things and post questions when you have some knowledge but need assistance determining something more specific. If you do that you'll continue to be received well, if you don't do that you might as well leave now because people aren't going to get any friendlier.

Ok Zarstone. Nobody attacked you. At least not on purpose. There might have been some form of misunderstanding. I think it's best to not harbour any ill-feelings. Your post to red1776 was absolutely uncalled for. He's been very helpful throughout. Not just to you, but to everyone around here. A lot of people would agree to that.
Every one of your threads indicates a complete lack of any effort on your part to learn on your own. You are wanting everything spoon fed to you, and you've been getting real answers in return somehow.
I think there is a real language barrier here.

Just to be clear, NO ONE has purposefully attacked you. But I do ask that you please be more specific about your questions.

I think there is a real language barrier here.
Language barrier doesn't excuse a complete lack of effort. The questions that he's been asking have been fundamental questions that have nearly an infinite amount of answers. If he had asked the difference between say a 275GTX and a 4870, or say wanting to know which card delivers the best performance in a certain price range... Between all his posts its really amounted to "I want to build a computer" without naming anything else, including what OS he intends to run.

There is much room for improvement in the posts well outside of any language issues. I think language issues are the only reason most people that have replied have done so trying to help. Imagine if someone came in here with nearly perfect English and asked "what is best" and then named 2 brands and nothing else. You know there would be several posts telling the person to be more specific, and they would probably have a pretty rude tone.

i'd say that both ATI and nVidia are great....they are the only competitors in this market and theyve brewn a really healthy competition
but i personally prefer nVidia and i dont even know why :p it jst attracts me...ive never even tried an ATI card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back