hey i currently use a Gainward Bliss 7800GS 512MB
http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4154
or i did... its broken

i need to replace it with another AGP card, ive found these 2:

Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB GDDR3 AGP
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?SAP-950P5A

XFX Nvidia GeForce 7950GT AGP 512MB AGP
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?XFX-7955GT

which do you think is better and how much better if atall is it then my last card?
feel free to recomend a totally differnt card if you know of one

thanks

They're both very good cards and both better than your old one.

Unfortunately the links don't work (it's changed the middle bits to ... so half the link is missing :() but I've been told the ATI card will give you more bang for your buck but I'm an nVidia man myself so would get the 7950GT. Also I don't know much about ATI cards, I find the nVidia way of naming them much simpler :D

I'm not sure what your price range is, but you might want to look into the Radeon HD 2600 Pro Video Card - 512MB DDR2, AGP 8x. It's DX10 too and goes for $158 Cd over here. Direct conversion that's around 75lb.

get the x1950 512mb Pro. it's the best AGP card there is. it doesn't get any better. the 7900 is very close, but the x1950 is superior. it can run games like bioshock.

180 dollars or so on newegg.com. buy it, right now. i command it lol.

seriously though. you won't regret your decision.

There is an nvidia GeForce 7950GX2 which has 1GB of memory and two 7950GT GPU's, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I expect it performs pretty well ;)

@Link: He's in the UK so can't order off Newegg unfortunately - it would probably cheaper if we could order off of it though :(

*smacks self in the head* ^^;;

i seem to have missed that little detail....in all fairness he didn't say so nor is it in his profile.

but in fairness to you, i should've noticed the links he provided say ".uk" in them...

anyway. as much as i'd like to help, i've never had to deal with finding UK stuff unfortunately....but either way my statement still stands. the x1950 would beat the crud out of just about any other AGP card.

ive made myself a profile just for you guys, where im from and my pc spec :)
ok i think im leaning towards the ATI then as its cheaper as well. The "Pro" is the one to get?

after reading some reviews most people seem to rank the Nvidia card as the better but at a little more expense. hmmmmm

Well there's 2 flavors of the Radeon 2600 AGP, one is DDR2 with 512Mb and the other DDR3 with 256Mb. That's probably why both are cheaper, 512Mb is only DDR2 and the DDR3 is only 256Mb. This will bring price down either way.

The thing is either card is Dx10, where as the 7900/50 or the X1950 are NOT Dx10. If you DON'T plan to install Vista, then you have no need for a DX10 card though so just get the...ummmm.... :) 7950 or the X1950....I'm SOOOO helpful aren't I?

haha, i dont plan to install vista so i guess that leaves me with the 2 i started with :)

SOMEONE DECIDE! every review i read seems to give different results

Well I have the pci-e 7900GT and I prefer the nvidia cards. I think the drivers are more stable and have far less issues then the ATI drivers. I think, really, there is so little diff between those 2 cards (7950 vs 1950) that you wouldn't/couldn't notice.

Go with the 7950..better drivers, less compatibility issues, frequent driver updates that all work (99% of the time). ATI it's a crap shoot with their drivers half the time. (although this might change now for newer ATI products, now that AMD owns them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back