Which is better-not much time (1-3 days)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekieNick101

Hi Everybody,

Ok so yeah I'm getting a system exchange for my dell laptop since its really messed up and I only use it for internet but I can upgrade to different things they are going t call me so I can order upgrade so here is my question.

Which is better
currently I have a 1.40ghz celeron mobile but the system exchange I tihnk will either have the sme or a 1.60ghz celeron mobile but I was considering paying more and I dont know how much eyt and if they still will let me they said they freezed the process of egtting the omptuer so I could upgrade now. But anyways which is better a 1.40ghz-1.60ghz celeron m or a Intel® Pentium® M Processor 735 (1.70GHz/2MB Cache/400MHz FSB) Im not sure what chace or fsb I currently have also I dont use it much on battery mostly on a/c adaptor so I'm not really concered about battery life. And i'm sorry for the rush but I dont really have much time to act or if they will eve let me they most likey will but im not sure
Also as always thanks techspot members you sure do make a great help

Ok yes the clock speed is higher I know that its 100-300mhz more but what I am asking is the Pentium M a better type of cpu compared to the celeron m?

Thanks for your help

The Pentium M is better than the Celeron M. It is energy saving (longer battery life) as well as just a bit faster on the processing side.

Are these specs better?

Ok I'm sorry everyone for wasting your time but the Dell mamager that said they froze it from processing so I could upgrade didnt and its comming monday and its an 1.60ghz celeron mobile I only use the comptuer for internet and microsoft word so would this really matter it works fine with a 1.40ghz but will i noticed even a boost in speed from a 1.40ghz to a 1.6-ghz celeron mobile. Also dell is nice and somehow might of messed it up becuase instead of a 40gb hd im getting a 80gb, 4 cell battery to a 6 cell, dvd-cd/w to a dvd-rw/cd-rw, 14.1 widescreen to a 15.4 widescreen. So are these specs better for the internet than before yes I know they will fuction faster but will I noticed a speed boost with 200mhz more? Its nice I will have more storage, bigger screen and all that nice stuff for FREE and its new too not even a refurb.

Well thank you everybody above for your wonderful help

That's fine for your use, it's not like your a heavy gamer or anything. The Celeron is basically a Pentium 4 with less l2 cache.

Thank you very much, yeah I use this computer only for internet and typing up documents on word. I have a desktop for the games I couldnt even see playing a game on a 1.40 or even under 2ghz that would be SLOW. Well thank you very much
I hope this laptop actually works :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back