Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Suse

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fedora Core wins my current vote. Its first class.

But lets not forget the wicked desktop that was created when I installed Ximian Gnome XD2 on Suse 9! That was pretty good too.

But if I had to choose, I would choose Fedora. Its my number one right now.

Phantasm, i just put Fedora Core on my server at my home. and i couldnt agree with you more...only things i kinda didnt like about it, was that everything worked after install lol...im running forums off it which use mysql...on my old server i had to download and compile it...Fedora came with ...i just had to start the service.

Its great.

I downloaded RedHat 9 a while ago, got the 3 ISOs however haven't had enough time to install and play with it although I have unpartitioned space waiting for linux to be installed. I just saw your comments on Fedora, I see it's some sort of open source project sponsored by RedHat, would you recommend me getting/installing that instead of RedHat or would it be about the same thing?

I would say Install RH9, just to pay a final hommage to the last Free edition.;)

Thanks for helping everybody.I was wondering which Linux I shuld install. I already have the Fedora Core disk, so hopefully I'll install it soon. Now if Bochs worked!

Why do you insist on running it through bochs ? simply resize some partitions in order to make some space for it & simply go ahead & install the thing.;)

I've done it about 5 times and every time I ended up losing all the data on my HD, some way or another. I really hate recovering all my stuff from my backups, so I'm trying to find an alternative. Also, I don't have any good partition software. Bochs seemed like a good alternative, but I guess it just won't work.

It might be easier to get another HDD on which to install Linux, that way you do not endanger the rest of your data if something goes wrong.

Of course you can keep trying with Bochs but you might get a stumach ulcer before you get it to work.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back