Which Monitor Is Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get an 8 bit, rather than a 6 bit.
I would avoid both the Hanns and the Chime. Both have early failure rates and sometimes fuzzy screens. I would also avoid the Viewsonics.
Out of the New Egg choices, I would choose these Samsungs over the Hanns or Chime: 216BW, 920nW (my choice), 245BW, 204 BW 226BW, 225BW, and 906BW. Followed by the Acer.

Other good ones not at New Egg: Sharp, Sony, some HP, NEC, Phillips.

Read the specifications very carefully. One detail most miss, is the ability to see from the side angles, and the ability to adjust the monitor up and down... the low priced ones sometimes have good screens but allow no adjustments.

Also, it is very important to get a three, four, or five year warranty... and the freedom to return any with bad pixels.

Don't get any that have speakers built into the LCD frame.

Usually in the in the fine print, or ask the seller in an email so you get an aswer back. Most by Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Nec and so on are... but many of the cheaper ones, and those on low priced laptops are not.

amr120402 said:
how do you tell if it is 6 or 8 bit? also it says for the one samsung CDR 3000:1 what does that mean?
Contrast ratio. But nobody follows any real standards on measuring it, making comparisons between brands based on contrast ratio meaningless.

Monitors are devices that most people should not buy online... They need to see what they are getting, on a system that does not create artificial images designed to make the monitor look its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back