TechSpot

Which new processor?

By Insomnia
Apr 4, 2007
  1. Which processor would best match this setup:

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    2GB Muskin PC3200 RAM, 2-3-2-6
    NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT/GTO TOP

I currently have a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2GHz.

I don't want to change any other hardware, just the processor. Because in my oppinion, it's getting rather slow.

The reason I'm asking is because I haven't checked hardware news in a while, and I'm affraid that if I choose one myself, I might choose something outdated or something that doesn't work well in this system. It's main job is running Photoshop/3DSMax, Pinnacle TV, playing games and watching movies.

2. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 TS Rookie Posts: 128

take a look at a 3 ghz amd +6000

3. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

What is your budget?

4. Insomnia

Insomnia TS Rookie Topic Starter

About 300-350 Euro's. But there's a three day event coming up near where I live, where you can get new hardware allot cheaper then in the store. Something like the E3 but then for Hardware aswell. I'm gonna check that out first, I think.

You mean the 2x3.0GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+? That's Socket AM2, and I have a Socket 939 motherboard. I don't want to have to change the motherboard aswell.

5. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,039   +9

I'd just go with the biggest your m/b can fit. Probably won't be much faster though....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.