By Insomnia
Apr 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Which processor would best match this setup:

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    2GB Muskin PC3200 RAM, 2-3-2-6
    NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT/GTO TOP

I currently have a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2GHz.

I don't want to change any other hardware, just the processor. Because in my oppinion, it's getting rather slow.

The reason I'm asking is because I haven't checked hardware news in a while, and I'm affraid that if I choose one myself, I might choose something outdated or something that doesn't work well in this system. It's main job is running Photoshop/3DSMax, Pinnacle TV, playing games and watching movies.
  2. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 TS Rookie Posts: 168

take a look at a 3 ghz amd +6000
  3. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

What is your budget?
  4. Insomnia

Insomnia TS Rookie Topic Starter

About 300-350 Euro's. But there's a three day event coming up near where I live, where you can get new hardware allot cheaper then in the store. Something like the E3 but then for Hardware aswell. I'm gonna check that out first, I think.

You mean the 2x3.0GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+? That's Socket AM2, and I have a Socket 939 motherboard. I don't want to have to change the motherboard aswell.
  5. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

I'd just go with the biggest your m/b can fit. Probably won't be much faster though....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.