Which of these 2.1 THX Speakers are the best?

By CyberGhost
Jun 15, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey guys! I'm new here so hello everybody!

I can't decide which 2.1 speakers to buy

Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    Creative MegaWorks 2.1 250D
    Logitech Z-2200
    Altec Lancing MX5021

I think, Klipsch is better than Logitech(Too boomy as many people say) and Creative(Klipsch has tweeters and clarity)

But, i don't know about Altec Lancing MX5021s! they are weaker at 90Watts total, but I really don't listen to the music at high volumes so it's not that important!

what is important is the clarity and tight bass(I hate boomy bass, I don't listen to rap)

to give a little bit of idea - I listen to an old rock - Scorpions, Queen, Black Sabbath, Europe, Pink Floyd)

and sometimes I listen to - Gypsy kings, Mel C, Scarman John, Headaway, Ocarina(classical), Enigma, Supermax .... basicly old pop

Can you please help me choose?
  2. Godataloss

Godataloss Newcomer, in training Posts: 501

Either would be a good choice, but I give a definite edge to the Klipsch- I bought a set of the very first 4.1's and they still sound great 6 years later- and I have punished them!
  3. CyberGhost

CyberGhost Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks Godataloss!
  4. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

The Klipsch seems to be the choice for me if money isn't a problem. Otherwise creative is a close second.

Well the best to do is to head down to the nearest store to get a demo going with your favourite CDs. Its always good to let your ears be the judge.
  5. CyberGhost

Thanks guys! going with Klipsch!
  6. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Glad you made your decision. Hope you'lll enjoy listening to them.
  7. Godataloss

Godataloss Newcomer, in training Posts: 501

You also can get a second set of those for surround sound and have 2 subs- YEH!
  8. CyberGhost

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.