TechSpot

Which of these 2.1 THX Speakers are the best?

By CyberGhost
Jun 15, 2004
  1. hey guys! I'm new here so hello everybody!

I can't decide which 2.1 speakers to buy

Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    Creative MegaWorks 2.1 250D
    Logitech Z-2200
    Altec Lancing MX5021

I think, Klipsch is better than Logitech(Too boomy as many people say) and Creative(Klipsch has tweeters and clarity)

But, i don't know about Altec Lancing MX5021s! they are weaker at 90Watts total, but I really don't listen to the music at high volumes so it's not that important!

what is important is the clarity and tight bass(I hate boomy bass, I don't listen to rap)

to give a little bit of idea - I listen to an old rock - Scorpions, Queen, Black Sabbath, Europe, Pink Floyd)

and sometimes I listen to - Gypsy kings, Mel C, Scarman John, Headaway, Ocarina(classical), Enigma, Supermax .... basicly old pop

Can you please help me choose?

2. Godataloss

Godataloss TS Rookie Posts: 482

Either would be a good choice, but I give a definite edge to the Klipsch- I bought a set of the very first 4.1's and they still sound great 6 years later- and I have punished them!

3. CyberGhost

CyberGhost TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Godataloss!

4. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

The Klipsch seems to be the choice for me if money isn't a problem. Otherwise creative is a close second.

Well the best to do is to head down to the nearest store to get a demo going with your favourite CDs. Its always good to let your ears be the judge.

5. CyberGhost

Thanks guys! going with Klipsch!

6. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

Glad you made your decision. Hope you'lll enjoy listening to them.

7. Godataloss

Godataloss TS Rookie Posts: 482

You also can get a second set of those for surround sound and have 2 subs- YEH!

8. CyberGhost

Cool!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.