Which one do I chose?

By someone153
Jan 5, 2006
  1. Should I get an Ati Connect3d Radeon X800 256mb AGP or eVGA GeForce 6800 128mb AGP?

They are both the same price but which one do I chose?

One last thing, how much power does the X800 use?
  2. 0blivious

0blivious TS Rookie Posts: 34

more memory is always good :) ..but i dont know how much power the x800 uses
  3. snboarder113

snboarder113 TS Rookie Posts: 18

bigger the memory the better, i have an ati... and ive heard theyre not the most compatible card, so it really depends what your needs are. i'm not very familiar with geforce, i hear nvidia is supposedly the most compatible, but ati is supposedly the best quality picture, im not sure how true that is though, maybe sum1 else could help better
  4. LipsOfVenom

LipsOfVenom TS Rookie Posts: 160

the X800 is better....since it has double the memory..also memory bandwith is faster also has more pipes and um......i dunno...i don't like ATI personally....but still the X800 would beat the 6800 since it's only 128 Video RAM....the box says 300 watts so........yea
  5. chrisdavis

chrisdavis TS Rookie

I have the eVGA 6800. I really have no complaints about it. The x800 does outbench it though.

PUTALE TS Rookie Posts: 126

yeah, I would say go for x800 as well for it's better performer than 6800 (more ram as well) but 6800 do support shadder 3. I think if you plan to get nvidia's card, then get 6800GS, otherwise, go for the x800.
  7. Ural_

Ural_ TS Enthusiast Posts: 96

Id say the x800, double the memory and also a better card, and ATI cards use less power then nvidia cards Ive heard.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.