which one for the bsod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellmesanity

I bought a Belkin Wireless USB device and ever since then it seems like my computer has been restarting. Also I believe I have a botched display driver installation. My computer keeps freezing and restarting, ever since I got this usb device and attempted to update my display driver. For some reason i only have one minidump. Can someone tell me if it is either the display driver or the belkin wireless usb device? It usually happens during games, which is heavy on the USB and the Display driver, so I really dont know...help please!!

Your minidump crashes at your videocard drivers. It has a bugcheck of EA.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Try rolling back to your previous display drivers.

The reason you only have one minidump is probably caused by the having the system set to overwrite any existing minidump.

You can solve this by doing the following.

Right click my computer and select properties. Click the advanced tab and under startup and recovery click settings. Under write debugging information, change from small memory dump to kernel memory dump. Uncheck the box that says overwrite any existing file. Change back to small memory dump and click ok/apply/ok and reboot your computer. You should now get a separate minidump for each BSOD you receive.

BTW: You can now attach the actual dump files to your post.

Regards Howard :)

Ah man thank you Howard, you are truly a godsend.

Any who, I did attach the minidump but it was 108k! lol

I knew it was the graphics card. Alrighty then, I'm gonna tinker with the drivers and I will update as soon as I fix it. If drivers don't fix it i am going to install a different video card to see what happens. Again, I am extremely appreciative and will keep posted.

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back