Which one of my systems should be faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfolsom77

Older Emachine outperforming my new build. WHY Help Please.

Ok so I have a Emachine T6528 that is 6 months old. I recently built my first comp ever. I thought it would and I think it should out perform the emachine. But that hasn't been the case so far. Please look at the specs tell me which one should be faster! Any suggestions after that or thoughts are much appreciated.

Emachine T6528
CPU= 2.2 ghz Athlon 64 3500+
MB= MSI-7207
2gb cheap ram
GPU= Nvidia 6100 128mb shared (intergrated)
HDD= 160gb 7200rmp
PSU= HIPRO 300watt

My build
CPU= 2.0GHz Athlon 64X2 3800
MB= Gigabyte M55SLI-S4
1gb DDR2 PC6400 ( another 1gb (2x512mb) should be at the house today)
GPU= gigabyte 7300gt (hold over until 80 series starts dropping in $)
HDD= WD 250GB 7200rpm
PSU= Coolmax SLI CXI- 500watt

In my eyes my build should out perform the emachine but it just aint happening.
Techspot please pimp my build. LOL

What are you determining speed based on? Apps that are only using 1 processor (core) might not be any faster. You also are short 1 gig of ram, so if they use a lot of ram that could be it.

thanks for the response. Yes i figured the Ram would make a difference and UPS shoul be delivering an additional gig today that I ordered off of newegg.
What I am basing the performance off of at this time are 2 things. 1 the load times of applications. I have the comps side by side. So I will start same program for instance SWG. I know I am on of the few who still play LOL. The emachine loads faster. I hope the Ram cures this. But also other applications like windows programs or loading onto internet explorer.
2. The FPS in SWG. I thought I would see a nice increase going from the integrated graphics however I was wrong. The graphics are a little better but the FPS is the same or worse on the new build. It jumps from 30FPS to 2 and everything in between just by looking around. Does not do this on the emachine stays at a consitent 25-30FPS.

The new build spent 24 hrs on Prime95 with no errors and ran a memory test for 24hrs and no errors.
I am just a little confused and hoping I have not done something wrong.

Updated the video drivers? There isn't any reason your FPS shouldn't be a fair bit better.

Actually I have not and just reading up on it I am having a couple of problems that some of the newer drivers seem to fix. Such as "SLI multi-GPU rendering has been disable" pop-up message issue.
Let me ask one more question as this is my first build. I hope this isnt a dumb one. Should I download just the most recent driver or do I need to download all the ones that more recent then the one I have?

Just the newest will be sufficient.

One thing to keep in mind, newer drivers aren't always better, so if you get some issues with the newest ones you can download an earlier one. Normally the newest work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back