Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just want a few opinions on which card i should pick:

This One For 75.99

or

This One For 69.99

2. SK33TAST1C

SK33TAST1C TS Rookie Posts: 17

out of the two of those cards, i'd say the x1650 is better, but not by a huge amount. i personally prefer nvidia because i've never had a single graphics card from them fail, so i'd pay the extra $5 just for them. but honestly, if i were you, i'd cough up an extra $25 and get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814122023

that is probably 3x as powerful as the two that you listed. obvoiusly your building your computer on a budget, and i understand that, but $25 for a hell of a lot more power is worth it, and its more "futureproof" because its DX10.

3. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

The ATI has more pixel pipelines, more core clock, and more memory. "SK33TASTIC" makes a good point. There is one upgrade that you should always spend more on. Graphics. I looked @ Tiger D. and noticed a 7900 gs ko model. It has ddr3 instead of ddr2. 20 pixel pipelines, 500 mhz core clock, 1380 mhz memory, 44 GB's per sec. bandwith. It is listed @ $134.99 but has a $20 rebate. That's a great value and would give you better performance. Good Luck.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.