Which part could be blown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i had given my girlfriend my old computer and of course.... (i think she broke it LOL) So it will not turn on. I know the power supply is working because the light comes on, i do not think i could see a light on the mother board and i was sure it had one to tell that it was getting pwer to it. I guess it could be the cpu but i doubt it.

So in trying to figure out what is wrong, is there a guess? I assume the memory could stop it from running but it doesnt make sence, would the logical thing be that the mother board blew out? It is a little older DFI mother board.

Any help would be grateful as she is begging me to fix it but i dont want to but 700 bucks worth of stuff and it be the one thing and be out of the money lol.

Hey Devonsteele

From what you've said it sounds like a Motherboard issue.... might be a power surge problem. Either way, you'd have to take it in to get it tested.... don't think there's any way around this one.

Good luck

Spyder_1386 :)

That a light comes on does not mean your power supply is working properly. It's more complicated than that. You can either buy a power supply tester or swap the PSU out for a known good one and see what happens.

Just Joking.....I Think.......

lano15 said:
swaping out parts is a great way to solve issues

Or maybe a great way to ruin more parts, it does somewhat depend on the particular situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back