Which Processer is better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber

first question
AMD Sempron 3300+ 2.0GHz
or
Intel Celeron D 345 3.06GHz Processor
Which processer would better for gaming and which processer would better for video editing... nd which would be better for both...

second question
and can some one explain this Celeron D and Pentium D thing... is celeron d better than Celeron and izz Pentium D better than Penitum 4... processer....

thanks in advance...

the answwer is simple if you want to viedo edit or game dojnt go for the budget line prossors, go for a PD P4 A64 A64x2

heres how it brakes down from worse to better

celeron- celron d- Pentium 4- Penturium 4 with HT- Pentium D

Duron- Athlon xp- semerson- A64, A64x2

thanks for da break down... nd i understand abt the bujet thing.... i just saw this great deal for $100 cad

Intel D865GVHZL Intel Socket 478 Motherboard with an Intel CeleronD 345 3.06GHz w/ Celeron 345 Processor & 512MB PC3200 Memory

since my friend wants to ungrade his old comp... so he was wondering if this would be a good deal... he's not a hard core gamer nd he only plays one game "Rise of nations"...lol... so we dun have to wrry abt the video card... he just wants an average comp... so anyways again is dis a good deal... or would a

Biostar M7NCG 400 NVIDIA Socket A MicroATX Motherboard and an AMD Sempron 3300+ 2.0GHz Processor

be better than the celeron D 3.06....

thx again in advance...

Next time can you speak english please.

If you are gaming, dont buy a celeron proccesor. You want at least a Pentium 4 or a A64.

Next, i wouldn't reccomend getting a socket 478. 478 is a AGP slot motherboard, so you will have a limited option of graphics cards to choose from, and limited upgrade options in the future.

twite said:
Next time can you speak english please.

If you are gaming, dont buy a celeron proccesor. You want at least a Pentium 4 or a A64.

Next, i wouldn't reccomend getting a socket 478. 478 is a AGP slot motherboard, so you will have a limited option of graphics cards to choose from, and limited upgrade options in the future.

he said the pc isnt going to be for gaming, so just a basik pc.

Either way celeron is crap, and its good to have pci e for future upgrades.

BTW..he said sumthin about playing Rise of nations.. so he is doing a little bit of gaming.

This is why people need to write clearly..i have no idea what the hell that guy is talking about.

Sempron

A Sempron and a Biostar Tforce6100 (socket 754) is a great cheap build. Good video for onboard and it will even play older games well and new ones slow. It has a PCI-E slot for new video cards. It will do the word and internet just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back