TechSpot

Which ps3 I'll buy ???

By konaing
Feb 26, 2007
  1. > I'm not professional in gaming.But i love sony.I have to buy a ps3 in march 4th
    > But Europe launch is 27 march . So i need to wait for Europe launched or buy
    > the exiting ps3 ( Jap / us )???

2. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 937

If you buy the japanese version you have to send it to japan for repair work. (warrenty) That is the only downside. Besides that its up to you.

3. konaing

konaing TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

one more thing!

> i forgot to ask one thing.This is many different in ps3 at european laung???
    > Hardware spec, backward compatability and etc...
    > Please explain me clearly.I want to know and then i decide to buy which one
    > is match for me.

4. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 937

Theirs 60 gig and a 20 gig version. One has bluetooth and one doesn't. I would recommends the more expensive 60 gig

5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

The European PS3 is also less compatible with PS2 games (& probably PS1 games as well) as it is missing the Emotion Engine & other parts which were included with the Jap/US versions of the console. So you pay more & you get less.

6. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Does this mean it won't be happy?

7. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

I think it won't know whether or not it should be happy. :p

8. konaing

konaing TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

9. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

The PS3 at the moment has only 1 good game ( Resistance: Fall of Man ), If you wait till like Summer or early Winter is when the good games Release ( Metal Gear Solid, Assassin's creed and a few others that will make the PS3 awesome )

But it's up to you if you want to get it now or later ;)

10. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,209   +424

Virtua Fighter 5 - and early March a few other games

11. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Is virtua fighter really that good? I looked at some movies and thought it was pretty cool, I thought it was just CG like that Gundum game lol

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.