TechSpot

Which PSU for this graphics card?

By edbug
Sep 13, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am not sure on the PSU i have because it doesn't say ANYWHERE on it or around it.
    So anyway, i am looking to purchase the HD2600XT, i would like to know which power supply unit would be sutible for this?
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

Some form of a 500+ watt psu with 18amp on each 12v rail. I would say you could go as low as 450 but there are few psu's with high amperage at that low of wattage.
  3. edbug

edbug TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 50

Thanks so much this is a jeantech 500w psu that can be purchased on the pc world site,

+12V1 +12V2
    15A 18A

????

and would this be sutible for pretty much all graphics cards?

because i read the reviews for that other one and they don't impress me much.

Thanks again for the help.
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

5. porsche911r

porsche911r TS Rookie Posts: 119

A anothee r good psu is the corsair silent psu 600w i know its a bit more then u need but it will help if u ever get future upgrades.
  6. edbug

thank you very much tedster, and i may look into that porsche, thanks
  7. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,624

the PSU is the heart of a computer. if it quits the whole computer quits and lot of the time it can take other parts with it, what porsche911r is advising is a good unit and should be thought over very much.
  8. edbug

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.