Which series is better : 2600xt or 8600gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkisspartan

6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. They really are about the same deal. I am partial to Nvidia. Wish I could say one is much better, but...

Teranius said:
i have an 8600gt. not as good as the 8800 but great value for money
Myabe when it came out. but ever since the HD3850 was released. All graphics cards in the sub $200 don't even compare to the HD3850. For $160-170 you can get the HD3850 which greatly outperforms the 8600GTS which outperforms the 8600GT.

An answer & a question

I thought the Radeon 2600XT was the only card out there with Dual-Link DVI HDCP which would let you watch HD content on a 2560x1600 monitor that lacked an internal scaler. I think only Gateway's 30" has the requisite internal scaler. But I don't know if Nvidia has a product that has HDCP-compliant DUAL-LINK output. Do they? I guess I sort of answered and posed a question.

everyone is just blabbing on about nothing...nobody actually answered my question. Ill probably buy the ati anyway. Would AVIVO allow me to play my wii on my computer? also, what is dual link dvi? my 19inch lcd monitor only has VGA cables...does that convert it into vga? also, the proudct description says "built for windows vista". im using xp. would this decrease my performance?

dont know about the wii or the dual link, but the the performance will be way better on xp than on vista

Link - I'm not sure "which is better" is a definite question. Better at what? Video? Gaming? HD content playback? You never stated in your original question what your monitor was. If you are using Vista I would figure you were using a DVI monitor. If you want big screen 2560x1600 you need dual link DVI. If you want HD DVD's upscaled to that resolution you need a special card or monitor. If you are using Vista you need HDCP to view HD content. Aside from your DX9 vs. DX 10 question, the reason a lot of people are "blabbing on about nothing" and "nobody actually answered my question" was because you did not ask anything specific. I assumed you were interested in HD content since you singled out the 2600XT which, to my knowledge, is one of 2 cards that will let you watch HDCP HD content on a 30" monitor. Basically your question is so vague that it can't be answered. At least not to your satisfaction.

Savage1701 said:
Link - I'm not sure "which is better" is a definite question. Better at what? Video? Gaming? HD content playback? You never stated in your original question what your monitor was. If you are using Vista I would figure you were using a DVI monitor. If you want big screen 2560x1600 you need dual link DVI. If you want HD DVD's upscaled to that resolution you need a special card or monitor. If you are using Vista you need HDCP to view HD content. Aside from your DX9 vs. DX 10 question, the reason a lot of people are "blabbing on about nothing" and "nobody actually answered my question" was because you did not ask anything specific. I assumed you were interested in HD content since you singled out the 2600XT which, to my knowledge, is one of 2 cards that will let you watch HDCP HD content on a 30" monitor. Basically your question is so vague that it can't be answered. At least not to your satisfaction.

for gaming obviously. my screen is a 19inch LG flatron wide L194WT. Im using xp. My lcd monitor only supports vga because i dont see a white hdmi slot anywhere else on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back