Which version of Mandriva Do i need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

HEY everyone. Im downloading mandriva but wich do i need.

The
i586 or
x86_64

please help. my specs ar in profile.

And what linux do you think is good. I already tried ubuntu but i hate it. Mandriva looks nice n clean like windows. Any other OS that are like windows?

akaivan.

Please stop opening new threads for this subject.

Also, before bumping threads, you`re supposed to wait 24 to 36 hours.

I have deleted the other thread you have just started.

Regards Howard.

howard_hopkinso said:
akaivan.

Please stop opening new threads for this subject.

Also, before bumping threads, you`re supposed to wait 24 to 36 hours.

I have deleted the other thread you have just started.

Regards Howard.

its not on the same subject. can you delete this thread please? SO i can start a new one. I cant figure out how to install games on linux.
Such as batllefield 1942. = /

Gaming On Linux, I need your help

Well, can someone tell me how to install games on linux. Imuseing Mandriva 2006. So please help. Such as how do i install batllefield 1942.?? I know it works on linux.

You want the i586 version.

And didn't anyone tell you that you can pretty much forget about performance gaming in Linux?

Nodsu said:
You want the i586 version.

And didn't anyone tell you that you can pretty much forget about performance gaming in Linux?

yea i already got the 1586 version. But what do you mean on performance gaming...?no 1 has ever told me>

To run games on Linux that don't have a Linux Client you have to use a program called Cedega. It is a "Windows Compatibility Layer" as most people put it. I do believe you have to pay a small fee for it. I got it off a ***** site for free when i was running Fedora4 and successfully ran Steam(which is about 5 games from the ones i had installed on it), Starcraft: BroodWar, and Warcraft 3 TFT.

I also played Neverwinter Nights on it, which has a linux client.
Also, another game i played on Linux that has a linux client is America's Army.
If you like first person shooters and dont want to go through the hassel of Cedega go to www.americasarmy.com and download the linux client.

And just so you know all those games that i got running through Cedega came with, i estimate about 2 hours of troubleshooting.

And seriously man, do some research on Linux and the issues that come with it. If you go to www.google.com/linux and do a little search on "games on linux" you will find all kinds of stuff. Or hell, look in my profile for my MSN and add me and ill tell you everything i know about Linux.

Why are you using Linux if its apparent that you have no idea what you are doing.

twite said:
Why are you using Linux if its apparent that you have no idea what you are doing.

well some people like me just cant afford it.... and windowsminopoly ill add you

hahah i dont have any money for that..im only 15.and my dad purchased windows xp. But he uses it....And i live out in the boondocks..im waiting for more houses to be built round here(so i can mow there lawns)lol. And todays gas prices are crazy so if i got a job, my whole pay check is for the daily ride..

leave the poor kid alown. If you want to learn linux i think its awesome and theres alot to learn. You get a good hold on this my friend and you will be alot better when it comes to solving computer problems. :) hope you have fun with linux

xtheblack9x said:
leave the poor kid alown. If you want to learn linux i think its awesome and theres alot to learn. You get a good hold on this my friend and you will be alot better when it comes to solving computer problems. :) hope you have fun with linux

Thanks alot...Your really nice compared to some other people here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back