Which would you opt for on a new PC, XP SP2 or Vista ?

As it stands now, which would you opt for on a new PC, XP SP2 or Vista ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if vista sp1 wasn't on the way then i'd put xp sp2 on because vista looks nice but it pretty annoying at times. seeing as sp1 is supposed to be out in a couple of months i'd probably leave it how it was. i'm using vista at the mo and i say bring on sp1

I`d opt for XP at the moment. However, once the first service pack arrives for Vista, then I`d probably start using it. Let`s face it, we`re all going to end up using Vista at some point.

Regards Howard :)

ms wants everyone to use vista and i think more people will do after sp1

eventually they'll probably do some big thing to make people use vista, but i don't know what ;)

actually thinking about it, most of the pc's sold in this country with vista on aren't really good enough to run it, so specifications would probably tell me what to do :D although knowing what i know i'd fork out for a decent pc.

hoping for a new build in a few months, we'll have to see :D it's not exactly gonna be a quad core 3gb ram beast but it's gonna be fairly good ;) should be able to get an amd athlon x2

a bit off topic but oh well :D

Xp professional is the one for me,thats what i use all the time,vista is memory hungry and some other stuff aswell.No point of reformating and that because it will take ages thats why i'll just stick to the good old xp.

well if you bought a new pc and wanted xp you'd have to reformat and vista is memory hungry but if you have enough memory it's not really a problem, that's one of the reasons you have to check the specs of the pc

I was running vista with 4 Gigs of ram on my ddr2 mobo, it was upsetting how much resources it needed. Now I have this p5k3 board, and im definately afraid of Vista now, I paid 650usd for 2 gigs and cant afford another two, just to lag around my desktop again.

To me, Vista is basically Windows-Me all over again. What a nightmare! My advice is to stick with XP. It is definitely more stable, fewer problems, and more user-friendly.

I just built a new gaming PC last week and installed Windows XP Home. Eventually, I might go with Vista in a future build but not at this time.

Yep, XP all the way. Vista looks good, but im not liking all these software compatibility issues im hearing with the old games and such

Just for the record, I reformat every 9-12 months regardless of what operating system I have installed. I've had XP now since 2002 and love it. I've tried Vista but hated it. Why do I reformat so often? It keeps my system clean of all c_rap in it and it makes my system a healthier system too. I've noticed it runs alot better by doing this too.

Doing this also gives me the chance to refresh my backup as well and to enusure it works.

Thank you, every one, for your opinions.

I've decided to go with XP SP2.

I'll probably move up to Vista when their second SP comes along.

If this was more into the future and vista wasn't crap any more because windows stopped being lazy and fixed all the security issues and bugs i'd keep it, for now i'll stick with XP ;)

Yes to Both.......

If I were going to buy a PC, I'd give Vista it's chance. If that proved unsatisfactory, I jamb XP in it. If I were going to build another machine tomorrow, I'd probably opt for a copy of XP Pro 32 bit. I'm a simple man, with simple needs.

Back