Which XMS RAM should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieChanIsGOD

I don't know where this should go... i suspect here...

Anyway, soon i will be purchasing an ABit NF7-S 2.0 motherboard and an AMD Athlon 2500+... now, i want Corsair RAM...
I have my sights set on their XMS paired RAM...

There is the TwinX512-3700 which has latency timings at 3-4-4-8... they run at 467 mHz.
Then, the TwinX512-3200LL which has latency timings at 2-3-2-6-T1... these run at 400 mHz.

Now what i am wondering is, since i am able to lower the latency (usually) of the RAM within the BIOS, would it be wise to purchase the PC3700 RAM? Or would 3-4-4-8 be the lowest possible timings for the PC3700? Would the PC3200 being T1 make any difference?

The price difference doesn't matter, so i'll leave that out...
All i know is that the lower the latency, the better it runs...

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks...

Get the TwinX512-3200LL. Its got better timings, and I dont think your going to be overclocking your Bartons FSB to 467MHz ;) The 3200 will do you just dandy for overclocking. Keep in mind, the 2500+ runs at an fsb of 333, so thats what the ram will run at too. The timings will remain the same but your ram will be underclocked, unless you oc the fsb over 400MHz, then you'll be overclocking the ram too.

Hope this helps.

yeah do as ---agissi --- says. the pc3700 would probably only be useful if you were getting a 2.4c instead since the p4 is multiplier locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back