White screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meilei

Hey guys,

I'm having a weird problem on my laptop, and I'm hoping that you all can help me out.

For the first time yesterday, while playing Aion, my screen turned white with what looked like thin black/gray lines flickering across the top potion of my screen. It remained like that for about 3-5 seconds until going back to normal. I didn't think much of it since the game itself had flickering and other graphical issues of its own, but just a few minutes ago, when I turned my laptop on, the screen immediately turned white on start up for a few seconds, went back to normal for a little bit, and then did the same thing when Windows Vista began to load until I got to my desktop.

I've never had this happen before with my laptop until yesterday, and I've only had my laptop for about 6 months.

If it helps any, my laptop is a HP Pavilion dv5-1160us. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out on my problem. Thanks :)

I've never had this happen before with my laptop until yesterday, and I've only had my laptop for about 6 months
Please contact HP here >> https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html
For warranty issue with your Display (hardware issue)

You may be able to prove its the display by plugging in an external Monitor and testing with that first
It can also be faulty or not seated correctly Ram cards (these located under the laptop, in one of the covers there) But I'd contact HP first ;)

I've updated the graphic drivers and it seemed to have fixed the problem. I'm still going to keep a close eye on my laptop in case the problem occurs again.

Thanks for replying to my thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back