White triangles appear while playing WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrasherFan22

While playing world of warcraft, white triangles appear all over the screen. I have tried triple buffering and the verticle sync but neither works. It happens the worst when i approach large bodies of water. Is my graphics card over-heating.

ThrasherFan22 said:
While playing world of warcraft, white triangles appear all over the screen. I have tried triple buffering and the verticle sync but neither works. It happens the worst when i approach large bodies of water. Is my graphics card over-heating.

Sounds like a heating issue to me. Pull off the side of the case and play the game. Tell us what you find

Its A Sign !!!

The Gods of computer gaming are trying to tell you to stop playing that life ruining, money burning, divorce papers in the mail (thats right man you didnt even notice she was gone you were playing so much) cultist game known as World Of Warcraft.

DELETE THE EVIL !!!!!!!

Or it could mean you need the latest patch, video drivers or your video card is getting to hot CAUSE YOU ARE PLAYING FOR 24hours A DAY !!!!

Take these steps: (I know it may be hard to logg off of your WoW Account for a few minutes but ber with me)

1.) Remove all the Hot Pocket crisper sleeves from around your PC (those things insulate)

2.) As Tmagic advised take the side off your case.

3. If that dont work let us know what the temps of your card are not sure how you do this with ATI but nVIDA is in
the nView control panal and let us know what the temps say for the card.

Great post JimShady23!,

I've got half empty bags of Ruffles, and Fritos around my keyboard, and a few empty beer bottles in the trash can next to me :haha:

Lets hope that ThrasherFan22 can tear himself away long enough to remove the side or the cover of his "white triangle" system

i dont play 24 hours. i play mabey an hour or two every other day. I would try to take the side of the case off or remove the insulins but my mom will think i dont know what im doing. What about another heat sink, or, im getting a custom pc in a month or two. will this graphics card hold up intill then? thx for the info.

Haha, im not married. no divorce for me.

those white triangles are called artifacts and indicate your system/graphic card isn't up to running the game properly, try dropping the resolution in the game; if you can, disable things like shadows etc or set them to low. there is a program called Fraps you can run this to see what your framerate is, take screenshots, even record the screen for a shortwhile.

Would mind knowing what your Graphic card is, you can use SIW, aida32 or Belarc Advisor to find out your system info.

cheers

ill run a system scan to find out

i forgot how to take a screenshot. i remember the print screen key but thats as much as it gets. i have a 800-600 resolution

Yo, I use a little prog called FSCapture, it comes in two varieties; installable, or portable, I have both. I have it installed on my main PC and the portable just sits on my USB stick, so, when I go to other peoples places I can screengrab. Its a small program is very easy to use with a few additonal features to edit the grab.

Best of all it doesn't have spyware and its free :cool:

http://www.faststone.org/download.htm

darkan9el said:
Yo, I use a little prog called FSCapture, it comes in two varieties; installable, or portable, I have both. I have it installed on my main PC and the portable just sits on my USB stick, so, when I go to other peoples places I can screengrab. Its a small program is very easy to use with a few additonal features to edit the grab.

Best of all it doesn't have spyware and its free :cool:

http://www.faststone.org/download.htm

Thanks for all the info. I already had the resolution as low as it could go but I downgraded the graphics by getting rid of the shaders and that fixed the problem. I will try the program you mentioned. Thanks for all the info everyone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back