TechSpot

White version of Xbox One surfaces as employee-only incentive

By Shawn Knight
Aug 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox One could be produced in white to go along with the black console if a recent leaked screenshot is to be believed. But before you get too excited, the white Xbox One appears to be limited (at...

Read more

2. Free Xbox live for life seems a little more appropriate for launch team members.

ikesmasher likes this.
  3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

Wow that is powerfully ugly in white.

wastedkill likes this.
  4. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

All single player games is pretty cool but there ain't many I'm guessing xD
    Also if you work for microsoft you should get xbox live for the amount continued time you work at the company as that is pretty much how you should be treating your staff.

Trying to make a quick buck out of your employee's over something like xbox live is pretty cheap if you ask me.

5. Dustin Harwood

Dustin Harwood TS Rookie

All 1P games likely means "All First Party Games" I.e. all games made and published by Microsoft Game Studios, and not all "Single Player Games".

St1ckM4n and m4a4 like this.
  6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Why is there black on the side? That completely kills the white aspect of it...

7. We have exactly same white air conditioner in kitchen

8. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Nice looking. But I still won't look for an Xbox One unless they fix backwards compatibility.

9. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Evangelist Posts: 738   +247

Or, they could give their employees something that's a little better received these days, like Ebola

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,055

What the hell difference does the colour make? Who looks at the damn thing anyway as long as it does what it's supposed to do... and I'm not too sure what that is.

11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,556   +2,899

I thought we already covered this in a discussion about consoles changing CPU architect (completely different instruction set), which will not allow for backward compatibility. Now if you and everyone else is willing to spend $1000 on a console, I'm sure they can engineer some kind of emulator.