White version of Xbox One surfaces as employee-only incentive

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox One could be produced in white to go along with the black console if a recent leaked screenshot is to be believed. But before you get too excited, the white Xbox One appears to be limited (at least initially) to Microsoft employees.

The image first surfaced on Reddit where the original poster said the image was sourced from a friend that works at Microsoft. The OP goes on to suggest full-time employees will be the only ones to have access to the white console, a sentiment that’s echoed in several different places.

xbox microsoft xbox one white xbox one employee incentive

Eagle-eyed readers may have noticed a small bit of text on the front bezel of the console. It read “I MADE THIS” followed by smaller text that looks like “launch team” with the last word being too small to make out. There’s also a sentence at the bottom of the screenshot that mentions availability to employees still working at Microsoft at the time of launch.

In addition to the console, employees will be given a one year subscription to Xbox Live, all single-player games and a special achievement – all for free on launch day. Not a bad way to reward staffers, I’d say.

xbox microsoft xbox one white xbox one employee incentive

This white Xbox One looks very similar to a dev console that hit the web last month, without the custom text and whatnot. Keep in mind of course that neither of these images have been confirmed but it’s certainly looking like a white Xbox One is at least possible.

Permalink to story.

All single player games is pretty cool but there ain't many I'm guessing xD
Also if you work for microsoft you should get xbox live for the amount continued time you work at the company as that is pretty much how you should be treating your staff.

Trying to make a quick buck out of your employee's over something like xbox live is pretty cheap if you ask me.

Nice looking. But I still won't look for an Xbox One unless they fix backwards compatibility.

What the hell difference does the colour make? Who looks at the damn thing anyway as long as it does what it's supposed to do... and I'm not too sure what that is.

Nice looking. But I still won't look for an Xbox One unless they fix backwards compatibility.
I thought we already covered this in a discussion about consoles changing CPU architect (completely different instruction set), which will not allow for backward compatibility. Now if you and everyone else is willing to spend $1000 on a console, I'm sure they can engineer some kind of emulator.

Back