TechSpot

Who am I?

By tmradius
Jan 11, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And why am I here? Well, I thought I knew everything until I came here. I've been working with computers since 1952 and I've seen the gamut of computer history development from the historic (analog) Differential Analyzer (at MIT developed in the '30s) up to the magnificent and amazing desktop PC of today,

At 91 years I've seen it all and I am humbled. Tmradius

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,897   +88

welcome tm,
    thats an facinating perspective. what was your area of expertise?

3. tmradius

tmradius TS Rookie Topic Starter

Programming up until lI retired in '83 which was about the time that the PC really invaded the marketplace. Last job was a Rockwell Space Program where I worked on the Shuttle. Here I also programmed using SAS (a software to solve statistical problems. After retiring I also 'job shopped' doing statistical programming. I wish I were 50 years younger. This is such an exciting technological era......

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,552   +301

Welcome, good to have you on board. You are definately well above the median age here. I am too and I'm just 28.
    How true it is on the more you learn about a field the more you realize what you don't know.

5. tmradius

tmradius TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes, SNGX1275 I agree. And with tongue in cheek, I say why study? The more you study the more you know, the more you know, the more you forget, the more you forget, the less you know, the less you know, the more stupid you are. So why study?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.